Prince

This is an AU or Alternate Universe, Ali and Alicia are not agents here.

Please vote and...stuff.

AU

Prince Ali.

The kingdom's one and only.
He was known for his strong prowess in fighting and skills in chess, cooking, politics, history, sewing, horse riding— he's pretty much good at everything.
In this era every family strives to be wealthy and thats where the daughters come in. Its counted as 'striking it rich' once a family marries off a daughter to a wealthy lad, as the two families would then share their finances to each other through the wedded couple.

The young women who were born in poor or wealthy families would be treated as precious gems. The family would spend large amounts of their money on the lady to train them etiquette, painting, music, literature and how to manage a household. This was the criteria that richer families would look for in a maiden. This makes it easier for the young maiden to get married.

The young men who were born in poor families would be ignored as the women would rather choose the gold over rags.

And meaning young, it means, young. The earliest age a lady would be married off to, is fourteen.

Prince Ali was a huge statue of gold in every family's eyes, each of them training their daughters to go after the young man.
As it was passed down from the earliest kings and royals, once a girl marries, the groom's family would give a huge amount of money to the bride's parents. It's signifying that the groom's parents are buying the bride, the money is to replace the expenses the bride's family spent on raising the girl. A dowry, I think.

Prince Ali's mother died when he was small and since then, his father became more distant to him. Since then, he never set foot outside the palace. But now that Ali is already fifteen, the pressure of finding a girl to marry was being weighed down on him by his father.

Dying to escape the grip of palace duties, he sneaks out.

___

"Right, Comot, you stay here and wait for me. I'll be back soon. Don't let anyone in my room, alright?" Ali said to a cat who stared at him with two big blue and green eyes. It was odd to be talking to a cat, but hey, Comot is special.

He held on to the railings of his balcony and jumped. Landing on the top of a wall, he clumsily steadied himself. His usual princely attire was gone, he wore what the average boys would wear. He let down his hair, which was always spiked up and he didn't wear his usual glasses. He looked... common.

"At last! I'm back!" He yelled jumping down the wall, as he finally landed outside the palace. It's been years since he last stepped out of the palace, this made it more exciting for Ali.

"The prince is missing!" He snapped his head towards the direction of his room. He could hear the guards scurrying around the area he was in.  That was fast! He knew he had to run. And so he ran.

There was movement behind the trees, the guards were close. He ran towards the village and evaded the people still awake, though it was the middle of the night. He could feel it, the guards were chasing him. He took a sharp turn and ended up in the forest once again. He could see a low balcony of a house close to him and it was climbable~

He hurriedly climbed on the railings of the balcony and found himself in the house. Sounds of metal moving around meant that the guards were with a knight. Knights were a level above guards and they were very much skilled. He steadied his breathing a bit more. He can't be seen, he's a runaway prince and his father is going to kill him if they found him.