To The Deep

AU

I've sailed the ocean with my father,
And he his father before,
But I have never seen a creature like you,
Whom I've loved more and more.

There I sat next to the waves, the sand through my hands and the wind from the sea. A bottle of rum, an oil lamp for a shilling and the chills I felt as the night embraced me.

The rum untouched, I throw to the waters and I gazed at the mirror of the sky.

"Why throw the rum away?" A voice from the sea echoed. It didn't seem like one of my crew, too different, much like a girl's.

"I don't drink it. I won't." I said.

There was a splash. I shivered as the drops of salty water landed on me.

I stood up, curious and I saw you. Your pale skin grew orange from my lamp. I hear the boisterous laughter from my crew, from the other side of the cove.

You panicked and hid under the water. A fish, no–human, but a fish. You had a tail of yellow and gold that shimmered under the light of the night.

My father once told me of the fetching creatures that lived within the sea. Half-human and half-fish.

You came out of the waters once again and looked at me with the brightest hazel eyes I have ever seen. I tried not to blush as I noticed you were naked at the top, with only your long hair to cover your mounds.

"You don't have a tail." You said, staring curiously at my wet boots, worn as the years went by.

"You don't have feet." I said the same way.

"Feet? Is that what you call them?" You asked, I couldn't forget how you looked so funny as you wondered how it came to be.

"Yes, feet, we use them to walk. Much like how you need your tail to swim."

"I have a friend who was born with a small tail, she could use her hands to swim."

And just like that, we talked and talked for the whole night. Laughing and sharing our thoughts to each other. The sands of time seemed to hasten as I spent my time with you, you left as soon as the first streak of light came up from the horizon.

I was left there, looking at the sea, to the direction you went, with nothing but your name and a full heart.

Alicia...

We had to leave today, with my crew and my ship, to continue beyond for riches, treasures and fame. My mind was heavy with worry that I might not see you again, I stirred the ship to the east and I gave commands to my crew with an unfocused mind.

We rested at an island and drank beer and rum. They did, but not me.

The sunset was upon us and I separated from my crew, I held the hope in my heart that I would see you again.

There you were, coming towards me with a smile as you sung a song. I had fire burn deep inside of me.

Dead of the night you hold me,
And dead in the night you will be
Do look and do not flee
For the fire is dimmer, you see?

We talked and talked again that night, telling of our day and the things we did. It repeated.

Over and over again, meeting each other and leaving each other, but no day was the same as the other. One night, you came late, your tears were almost unnoticeable as the night grew.

You held my hand as you led me to the ocean, I followed you without hesitation.

You whispered sweet nothings into my ear as we went under, I listened to every word.

"I'm sorry."

I savored a kiss from you as water went in my ears.

I was ready to be with you, forever.

Drag me down to the ocean floor,
To stay with you forever more.
I ignore the water rushing to my core,
Lonely you be no more.

A shriek. Shouts of my crew were heard over the water.

"Captain!"

I shocked my eyes open as they helped me up, my vision was blurry and your screams were heartbreaking.

I yelled to my crew and begged them to stop, my lungs were with water and I couldn't speak, each time I yelled, no sound came out.

I was useless in a time of need.

You thrashed around on the sand as I did nothing, my men held me close and tight.

A stab, a kick and one shot from a pistol.

I remembered my father's words, fetching as they may be, they're one of the dangers of the ocean. Seducing men with a bat of an eyelid, only to lure them to their ends.

I watched as you turned into seafoam and the tides washed you away. My tears were one with the sea.

Should a pirate's heart be only for ye gold?
And his hands to lift the sails of ye ship?
Would the mongrel learn of love and despair,
No stolen treasure can compare?

___

Yeah, so... I'm going to make an extra long oneshot next, but It'll probably take long so I won't be able to update.

It'll be super cheesy, look forward to it!

[Mikayanji]