I Wish

Ali's POV

It hurts.

I sat on the grass and looked at her. In my hands was a bouquet and a red balloon.

"Hello Alicia." I smiled, an overwhelming sense of happiness burst within me. The sky was extra cloudy today, but no rain, that was nice.

"It has been a long time since I've seen you. I really missed you, you know." I whispered, a feeling of loneliness loomed over me as I spoke. She didn't answer.

Silence.

"Here, I bought you these." I said, putting down the bouquet of flowers on the ground, I held on to the red balloon. I sighed and crossed my arms. The wind was extra chilly today. Just like that time when it happened.

Three years ago.

"I wish that once I let go of this balloon you'll come back."

Tears started to stain my eyes and grief settled in my heart. I tried to hold in the tears.

Like pins and needles prickling my heart.

"That you'll hug me and smile at me one more time, that you'll open your eyes once more, come out of the ground and comfort me. I wish that you would talk, run, and do missions like you would before..." I said kneeling on the ground now, the grass seemed to cling on to my legs, as though they wanted me to stay.

Poison. Azurium poison started to damage her legs first, which eventually led to her death. She was shot by one of our targets blindly.

I stared at the stone carved with her name, her birth and her death date. I tried to remember her features and voice. But time washes away even the happiest moments to the worst chapter in our life.  Right now, my vision was poor and I couldn't see pictures very well, it was impossible to at this age. I'm so pathetic, I couldn't even see her in a photograph. Am I? Am I starting to forgetting her?I let go of the balloon and rain started to pour.

What did I expect? I was so stupid for even wishing something that's impossible.

I just couldn't bear the thought of her underground, rotting away in loneliness. A pure soul that was supposed to be walking on land, now has laid underneath in an everlasting sleep.

That day, I was happy, excited and nervous at the same time.

But just after the vows, she fell onto my arms and breathed her last. Her dress was stained with blood and the picture burned in my mind.

Her face, it was blurry.

But no matter how hard I try, I couldn't forget how she smiled at me, her lips was colored red from stained lipstick and blood. I couldn't forget how pale she was and I thought that it was because of the make up. Still, her face was blurred.

Ugh, my chest feels stuffy.

The wind blew stronger and large droplets of water fell on my face. It stung.

A person who deserved all. A girl who was understanding and caring. A woman who I loved... Died on the day that both of us should've been in our happiest.

"Alicia, Happy Anniversary." I smiled.

The rain poured, heavily crashing onto my back. I feel really tired.

"You wouldn't mind if I slept here right?" I asked, knowing that she won't answer.

I laid my head on the ground and positioned as if I was going to bed. I'm tired.

I looked at her grave beside me and said, "Goodnight, Alicia."

I love you.

And I closed my eyes.