(029.) THE IMPACT OF THE PAST

࿐ ࿔*:・゚𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.
THE IMPACT OF THE PAST

༻༺━━━━🌻━━━━༻༺

"You were a cheerleader in school?"

"Um, yeah... it's embarrassing."

"No, no, it's, like, the best thing ever!"

The two were sitting on the backyard of Kendall's house the next day after they watched scary movies. They were currently talking about themselves, getting to know each other even more since last time they tried asking some questions, they had ended up watching Miraculous Ladybug.

"And, um, I was, uh," Amber looked embarrassed speaking, "I was captain."

Clay looked at her. "You were? Amber, oh, my God. I... Wow, I learn something new about you each day."

Amber chuckled and covered her burning face, giggling. "Don't act so surprised, Clay." She uncovered her face. "You look like someone who would play sports, though."

Clay chuckled. "I did play some sports," he answered. "I was the quarterback of my high school flag football team and played basketball and soccer."

"Woah," Amber stared at him with wide eyes, propping her legs and bringing them closer to her chest. "That's cool."

"What else did you do?"

"Oh!" Her eyes lightened up as she remembered something, watching as Clay leaned back with his hands buried in the grass, enjoying the way it slid through his fingers. "I was in the glee club."

"You have an amazing voice," the man commented and she pursed her lips, not knowing what to say to his comment. "Hey, you have a song you're working on, right?" She nodded. "When is it coming out?"

"Oh, I already got it," Amber chuckled as soon as she saw his face change into confusion. "Haven't listened to it, yet. I wanted to do it when my friends were free so they could hear it. I'll probably do it tonight since they all never sleep."

"I'm sure it's going to sound amazing."

"Um, I was wondering if I could, uh, call you, too, um, when I call the others tonight," Amber looked down at her foot, moving them side to side. Clay looked at her. "You have become a really close friend and I appreciate how fun you've made the past few days enjoyable for me. I also appreciate you trusting me enough to see your face."

"You're just a trusting person, Amber," Clay mumbled, eyes still set on her face. She looked up at him and briefly made eye contact with him before looking down at her shoes. "I trust you a lot and even though I told myself to stop opening up so easily, I want to... open up to you. You just have a... you just have something about you that-that makes me so comfortable around you."

Clay perked up when he heard a sniffle from her. "Sorry."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just..." Amber sighed. "You trust me. Yes, I have friends who have trusted me enough to tell my stuff, but I've always been told I can't be trusted. By my parents, by past friends, and by boyfriends... It's nice to know that you trust me."

"Why didn't they trust you, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Amber sighed again and looked up, tears falling freely from her eyes. "My parents didn't like me and everything I did. They never trusted me enough to go out, never trusted me enough to do anything basically. Now, my past boyfriends... they were very possessive, controlling, and manipulative. They never trusted me around friends or around other people in general. One of those boyfriends told my friends I spoke bad about them and spread rumors about me and I started losing trust. But, I trusted them all so much, so much.

I... was constantly let down, though. That trust was taken advantage of... Have I told you the real reason over my face reveal?"

"You just told me that you decided to do it one day," Clay answered and Amber shook her head.

"The real reason is that... one of my exes took a picture of me sleeping and posted it on his Instagram," she breathed out, "and then tagged me. I woke up the next morning to find everyone knowing my real name and my face."

"Did they know that you were faceless?"

"Yes," she replied. "I never took pictures with them because I was afraid someone was going to leak it. But, he took the picture after I told him that I was not ready for my face to be shown. They took a picture and posted it without my permission..."

"That fucker," Clay scoffed.

"And then two of my exes were abusive," she closed her eyes shut, "and I remember every hit and having to cover every bruise. Because of my lack of love, it's hard for me to say "I love you" to people sometimes."

"Is that why you don't like it when people—"

"Yell?" Amber finished and Clay nodded. The girl nodded. "Yeah, I don't like loud noises in general."

"Thank you for sharing that with me, Amber," he sighed. "Thank you, honestly. But, you're safe with me, just want you to know that." She nodded. "May I hug you?"

"Yeah."

Clay scooted closer to her, his arms wrapping themselves around her shoulders. She hugged him around his torso, resting her head against his chest. He raised a hand, debating whether he should place his hand on the back of her head. He did so, patting it and feeling the way she got closer to him.

"You're very warm," he let out without meaning to. Amber chuckled and Clay groaned, looking down and shutting his eyes, resting his forehead on the top of her head. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," she giggled. "You're fine. But you're warm, too. I like being in your arms."

Clay opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Here he was, speechless... again. "You're the only one who leaves me..."

"Speechless?" She guessed and he hummed. "I know. Which is why I like complimenting you a lot."

"Hmm," he let out, running his hand through her strands of hair, "I like complimenting you, too. You're just really beautiful and... out of this world." He smirked when she stayed quiet. "And you're just amazing and you're the best."

"Stop! You're making me blush," Amber hid her face deeper into his chest, softly inhaling his scent.

"That was my intention, A. Aw, come on. You're adorable when your face is red and your ears. Let me see your face!"

"No. I'm going to hide it on your chest."

"Fine. I like you resting your head on my chest either way. It feels comfortable and allows me to cuddle you and rest my head on your head."

"You sap."

"Only for you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

here, you're fed <3

happy valentines day 🥰

also, hopefully you guys,
will love SMP amber. i am
very excited ❤️

p.s. the Karl fic is coming
out...........

Tomorrow :)