Chapter 87: Tessa

I've been staring at the television for the last five hours hopelessly attempting to find something to entertain myself until Hardin gets back. There is never any good TV shows on Saturdays. I've watched nearly everything on Netflix, Hulu and Disney Plus. I don't have many options left besides cable. I hate when he works because I feel so alone, yet again. I'm excited for a day of no interruptions tomorrow for Hardin and me. It's been so long since we've had a full day to ourselves to do whatever we wanted. No work, no distractions, no bosses, just us. I've been researching things that we could possibly do, but I wouldn't mind if we just relaxed on this sofa all day. I just want him here with me. Everything's better when he's here.

He should be home shortly thankfully. The last message I heard was that he was picking us up sandwiches from the deli across the street of where he works. That means he should be home within the hour, keyword should. Who knows if Stacy is going to keep him again for a longer time. That women has something against me, I can feel it. I don't know what her issue is, but her constant need to have Hardin all to herself is annoying me. I'm his wife, so my need to have him all to myself is understandable and justified. Just because she is his publicist doesn't mean she needs to be up his ass every fucking day.

Calm down, Tessa.

All of that doesn't matter anyway. I know Hardin would much rather be home with me, so that alone gives me an upper hand on Stacy. He comes home to me and sleeps next to me every night. He married me and loves me.

This should be something I discuss with Patty when I see her. Her office closes soon, so I should call her to see if she can see me within the next few days before my trip back to Washington for Noah's wedding. I ring her office, and get her direct line. I guess she must be so close to closing that she doesn't need her assistant.

"Patty, hi. It's Tessa Young."

"Oh my goodness. Hi! How are you doing? It's been a while since we've spoken." Her raspy voice comes through the speaker holding a lot of surprise.

"Things are going well. A lot has changed since we last spoke."

"I can imagine. Well, what can I help you with?"

Here it goes. "I was just wondering if I could schedule another appointment."

"Of course." I hear her clicking things on her computer keyboard. "May I ask what the purpose of your visit would be?"

"I just need to talk to someone about a few things that have been happening over the past year. You wouldn't believe how much my life has changed, Patty."

"Okay dear. What's your schedule like?"

"I would like to see you as soon as possible if that's alright. I am going out of town next weekend, so I would prefer to see you before then."

She clicks her tongue a few times. "Give me one moment."

I'm really hoping that she has sometime available for me because I don't know how much longer I can go without speaking to a professional about everything that's happened.

"Tonight is your lucky night, Ms. Young." She laughs. "One of my clients cancelled on me a few nights ago, so I have an opening for Wednesday afternoon at 3:30."

Oh thank god. "That's perfect! Thank you!"

"Okay, I'll see you then. Have a nice night."

Luck is finally on my side! Even though this means I'll probably have to Uber to the clinic since Hardin will have work, or I will have to drive him.... or maybe I could-

The front door opens and startles me, and suddenly Hardin comes through. He's kicking his boots against the door to shake the snow off of them. I've been void of human contact for the past few hours, so I can't stop myself from running towards Hardin. The second he turns back around away from the door, he is welcomed by me jumping into his arms. I hold him tight, and take in the scent that I love so much.