Chapter 45: Hardin

"What are you doing here?" Landon's face holds a surprise expression as he opens his front door.

"I need to use your printer." I walk right past him into his office. My relationship with Landon has gotten to the point where either one of us can just randomly show up at each other's homes and use each other's shit.

"Why do you need our printer?" He follows me into his office.

"Well, Tess bought these picture frames to hold our wedding photos in, so I am gonna surprise her by printing the photo and putting them into a frame, and I know you have photo paper."

"Third drawer in my desk." He rolls his eyes, and points. "How do you have the photos before Tessa?"

"I emailed Mike and told him to send them to me first because I wanted to put them in frames myself."

He nods, and leaves me to print some wedding photos. I log into my email and retrieve the one sent to me five minutes ago from Mike. As I scroll through all the photos, I'm kind of emotional. There are pictures of us saying our vows, Tessa laughing when I dropped her ring on the floor, and when we were finally pronounced husband and wife. I think that's the one I'm going to put into the bigger frame. I'm lucky Landon has this fancy printer that prints big photos. I decide to make the picture black and white, so I don't waste all of Landon's colored ink.

We look so happy, and so in love. I feel tears forming in my eyes looking at all the photos. I just can't believe she's my wife, after all this time. She's legally mine forever.

I remember the night Tessa and I first got back together, and we almost did get married in Vegas. Jesus, we were fucking crazy, but this has been a long four years of wanting marriage, that now that I finally have it, I never want to let it go.

I hear knocking at the front door just as I am finishing up, and faint talking. It's probably Nora knocking on the door since she forgot her key because what else is new. The voices in the hallway are getting louder, and I swear I hear someone crying. It sounds like they're approaching the office. I don't know if I should walk out there if he and Nora are having a moment. The answer is decided for me when the door flings open, but it's not Nora.