Chapter 48: Hardin

The floor is fucking freezing when I get out of the shower. The walk from the bathroom to my room feels like I'm walking through the arctic tundra. I quickly get dressed in sweats to warm up, but I know exactly what could warm me up real quick...

Tessa should be done with her meeting now. It's been like ten minutes, and I need my cuddles. I go to her office door, and don't hear anything, so hopefully that means she's done.

"Tess?" I knock softly on the door, but don't get a response. As I turn the knob, a loud bang sounds from the front door. Who the fuck could that be?  The knock sounds again, even louder this time, so I walk away from Tessa's office towards our front door. I open it, and to my surprise, it's two police officers.

"Can I help you?" I ask them as I open the door. The look me up and down, look at each other, then raise their guns in the air towards me. I panic, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Keep your hands up and get on the ground!" One of them yells.

"What the fuck!?" I step backwards as they walk into my home, surrounding me.

"You heard me! Down on the ground, now!" He yells even louder, and I get on my knees.

"What's going on? Why am I getting arrested?"

"Where's Tessa Young?" The other officer asks.

"Tessa Y-, what? Why? What's going on?" The officer puts handcuffs around my wrists as I lay on my stomach flat on the floor.

"Sit up." He pulls at my arms, and leans me against the wall.

"Tall, muscular, dark eyed foreigner, just like the woman said." The officers talk to one another.

"Can someone please explain to me why I am being handcuffed in my own home!"

"We got a call from a Tessa Young about an unwanted man in her home." They tell me, and my heart sinks. I move to stand up to go check Tessa's office, but I can't seem to get up without use of my arms.

"She's in her office, go check. Second door on your left." I tell them, but they just stand there. "Go fucking check, please!" I swear, if she's not in there.

One of the officers thankfully walks down our hallway.

"There's no one in here... Mr..."

"Hardin Scott." I tell him. "Tessa's my wife. This is all one big misunderstanding, but where the fuck is she?"

"Ms. Young described the man as tall, muscular, and foreign. You match the description quite perfectly, Mr. Scott." One of the police officers says as he jots something down on a notepad while the other steps away to radio something back to the station.

"Yeah! Because there aren't any other tall foreigners in fucking New York City! Now where is Tessa Young!? You said she called you about someone being in our home?"

"That would be correct."

I try to get up, but the officer puts his hand on his taser. "Don't make me use this."

"This is bullshit! You got the wrong guy! My wife could be fucking kidnapped with god knows who and you're worried about me!" I yell. I feel my throat begin to close again, meaning a panic attack is coming on.

"Just stay seated, and be quiet, or we will have you put in the car."

Where the fuck is Tessa? What tall, foreign guy was in our home? What did he do to her? Holy shit, holy shit, holy...

The door opens, and the officers draw their guns. It's Tessa.

"Woah! Hey, I'm Tessa Young... I called." She says with her hands up in the air.