Chapter 46: Tessa

The hand on my mouth feels foreign to me. I can tell it's not Hardin's, mainly because of the accent the man has as he tells me not to move. It almost sounds... German? What the fuck is going on?

"You're gonna keep your mouth shut, do you understand?" The man tells me, his hand still pressing against my mouth.

Fuck this.

I scream, louder than I have ever screamed before, and move against him violently. My back is to his front, and he is much stronger than I am. His arms are probably the size of my entire torso. I continue to scream, kicking and scratching at his arms, but he's not letting up. I feel one of his arms unhook from my body, so I think that this might be my opportunity to wiggle free, but instead, I feel something cold on my neck.

"Scream or move again, and I won't be afraid to use this." I feel the coldness of a knife blade on my neck, and clam my mouth shut. Screaming in New York won't get anyone's attention anyways since the city is so goddamn loud. Fuck fuck fuck.

What am I supposed to do? Who is this man, and why did he break into my home? Because you left the door unlocked, Tessa. By doing that in New York, you practically invited him inside.

"You little tease..." He keeps his grip on my mouth, but moves his free hand to my chest, outlining my cleavage. "You cost me my fucking job, you selfish bitch."

I cost this man his job?

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are... I think you have the wrong person." I shakily whisper against his hand.

"Your pathetic excuse of a boyfriend complained to my supervisor and got me fired from Uber, meanwhile you were practically throwing yourself at me. That was my only job, and now I have nothing!"

Oh my god. This man was my Uber driver the night Hardin and I came back from Washington. He's the driver that sexually harassed me, so Hardin called Uber and got his ass fired, as he should have. I feel tears spring in my eyes. I don't want to die, and I am more terrified that I have ever been in my life. I don't know what he wants or what he's gonna do to me, but I hope Hardin comes back soon. This man is obviously mentally ill because he thinks I was throwing myself at him that night.

"You thought you could ruin my life?" He moves his hand up my dress, but thankfully I am wearing tights. This is just like the night at the frat house, except I am conscious for the entire thing.

"I didn't mean to... I'm-" I say, but then he quickly moves and slams me against the wall, knocking down a few frames. The knife is back in his hand up against my neck.

"You liar! You knew what you were doing!"

"No, stop!" I cry.

"Stop talking!" He moves closer to me, so his mouth is close to mine. "You're gonna pay for what you did to me." I feel his lips on my cheek, and I try so hard not to visibly gag. Tears are escaping my eyes rapidly, and I am trying to muffle the sobs that come out as well.

"Please don't touch me..." I say as his lips trace over my skin.

"Don't touch you? Like you don't want this to begin with." He caresses my cheek with his thumb.

"I don't... I have a husband who will hurt you."

"A husband who will hurt me? Please, I would like to see him try." He tightens his arms on me, and I can feel my circulation getting cut off. "I don't give a fuck what excuses you give me."

"What do you want from me!?" I cry out.

"Where's your purse?"

"On the couch." I whisper to him.