Imagine #39 - Dwayne

Imagine...

A/n- I hope you enjoy! I really like this one
Also, I tried to make it gender neutral since your request seemed to be

Warning: one f-bomb, angst (but then comfort)

Word Count: 916

~

Their taunting expressions fill you with dread as you recall the events of this past day.

Your friends, probably undeserving of the title to be honest, spent the majority of their time insulting you.

Some of the jabs were thinly veiled under a guise of good natured fun, but that didn't soften the blows. And, most of the insults weren't even hidden.

"You never talk, it's fucking annoying," one of your closest friends glared at you over her salad.

"I know right? It's freaky!" Another one chirped with a leering smile.

Why am I even friends with those assholes? You think bitterly as your pen scribbles violently over a fresh page in your journal.

This leather bound book is your comfort during times like these. Whenever the feelings of loneliness, despair, and self-deprecation flood your senses, you take it all out on your diary.

And, in some ways it helps.

It releases the built up tension and is a safe way to deal with your emotions without harming anyone.

Thinking back on what your friends were saying, tears slip past your eyelids as you start a new paragraph.

I don't talk much, but that shouldn't bother anyone! I simply only talk when I have something to say. It's not like they'd listen to a damn word I say anyways!

I'd be better off without any friends.

Hell, I'd be better off-

You slam the book shut, shaking your head as you clutch your face in your hands.

No, no matter how bad it gets, I won't go there.

It's better to get out of the house, you decide, so you get dressed for a night out and take a small pocket version of your favourite book to read at the beach.

The boardwalk is always fun, even when you're alone and sad. The bustling people cheering and having fun is enough to remind you that life isn't always bad.

Plus, you'll probably see him tonight.

He always seems to find you when you venture into the night, greeting you with a wide smile. He doesn't talk that much either.

Maybe that's why you feel so comfortable around him.

Which is surprising because he belongs to the Lost Boys - a notable gang who pick fights with Surf-Nazis and cause chaos at the Boardwalk.

Why would a Lost Boy take interest in you? No clue.

Maybe it has to do with your mutual love of books and the fact that neither of you talk very often.

Whatever it is, you're glad that he's your friend.

You've even met his friends before but you didn't really connect with them like you connected with the dark haired male.

"Hey."

Speak of the devil, Dwayne appears at your side as your feet hit sand.

You grin at him, "Hey."

Comfortable silence floods the area as you find a seat and crack open your book. Not to your surprise, Dwayne follows suit, beginning to read his own book.

This is what friendship should be - no mockery or insults. Simply existing with someone who respects and values your time together.

~

Another rough day, only this time it was worse. So much worse.

Sobbing violently, your hands shake as you scratch words of hate and sorrow on the pages of your precious book.

Your home felt suffocating, so you left to sit on the secluded beach as the sun begins to fade.

It's cold out tonight.

That fact doesn't faze you as you pour out your frustrations onto the pages that are wet with your tears.

Weary from the long day and overbearing emotions, you splay out on your back to observe the darkening clouds.

The last words you wrote etched in your mind - I'm so alone.

~

"Hey, isn't that the person you like?" Paul asks Dwayne as they walk down the beach looking for their next meal.

Marko and David went off to find their own food, leaving the rowdiest of the bunch with the more reserved one.

"Yeah," Dwayne looks with concern at your form splayed out on the sand.

Hell, you're not even wearing a coat.

"Go on without me," Dwayne orders, approaching you cautiously.

"Okay dude," Paul continues his path, not about to argue with his concerned friend.

The leather clad vampire trudges through the sand, his eyes landing on a beaten up journal laying next to you.

Crouching down, he lifts it, dusting it off before opening it to reveal its dark content.

He reads the newest entry, feeling guilty for breaching your privacy before his guilt is overtaken by his findings.

I never knew Y/n felt this way.

Just then, your eyes open and you tilt your head to look at him.

Tears drown your eyes as you notice the diary in his hands. He must think I'm such a loser now.

Firm hands grip your head just where it connects to your neck, his thumb swiping over your tear stained cheek.

"You aren't alone."

Your breath hitches, the words comforting you in a way nothing ever has.

"You will always have me."

The dam of emotion crumples within you yet again and you cry out, burying your face in his chest.

His muscular arms wrap around you, encasing you in his love as you hold on to him.

"You don't have to change, you don't have to speak if you don't want to. Never let anyone tell you otherwise."

His hand roams over your hair, "You're so strong, darling. I'm so proud of you."