Imagine #31 - Lost Boys

Imagine being a werewolf and read to find out more...

A/n - is this any good?

Word Count: 1030

~

Winds ruffles your fur, carrying the scents of the forest as well as the distant taint of the city. You breathe it all in, tongue lolling out of your mouth.

The full moon illuminates your h/c fur as you howl loudly for the whole world to hear.

The love of your life just ended his relationship with you, severing all ties when you caught him slumming it with your best friend.

He told you he loved you and no one else.

He lied.

That's why you ran away from the pack. How could you face them after one of the most respected wolves dumped you for another girl?

Hanging your head, you whimper. Your soul feels empty and your heart feels broken.

"Look-y here," someone chirps, instantly making you leap to your feet and growl.

Four vampires - by the smell of them - stand before you, looking very amused.

"What's a wolf doing so far in bat territory?"

You glare up at them, standing as tall as their elbows. Barking, you snap your dangerous teeth in their direction.

They simply chuckle.

Unamused, you feint an attack before bounding past them at full speed. You're not in the mood for an altercation.

Unluckily for you, one of the snatches you're tail, making you release a sharp yelp as pain floods you.

You clamp your canines into the arm of the Twisted Sister lookalike. Since he's a vampire, it only causes him pain and does no damage.

He yells in anger and wrenches away from your sharp teeth. The curly blond sends a swift kick into your ribs and you bark wildly at him.

Outnumbered, you start to panic. You're immortal and the only thing that can kill you is silver to the heart. Hopefully they don't have any silver on hand.

Wait, vampires can die by stakes to the heart, can't they?

Taking a chance, you back up until you're against a tree. The vampires surround you with malicious smirks as they see you're cornered.

You inhale deeply and transform into your human form. At the same time, you grab a fallen branch and brandish it at the men.

"Make another step and it'll be your last!"

Platinum Blond looks unamused until his eyes roam over your form.

Tonight is not your night.

Unfortunately, you're not wearing clothes. You haven't been in human form since you found your now ex-boyfriend cheating on you.

Their lustful stares don't unnerve you, they simply make you more angry.

A bruise has already begun to form on your stomach where Curly kicked you and you still feel phantom pain where your tail would be.

"Don't you have anything better to do than antagonize a stray?" You snarl, pointing the stick at the closest one, who has a leopard on his coat.

He raises his hands, as if he doesn't intend to harm you. You're not fooled. These people are dangerous and unpredictable.

"Stray, huh? No pesky pack mates lying in wait?" Platinum asks idly, as if he couldn't be bothered to care.

Your grip tightens on the stick.

He laughs, "Looks like we got a loner, boys!"

Each of them join in the laughter, ticking you off.

"Why don't you just leave me alone? I'm just passing through," you say, stepping forward.

They step towards you as one, making you step against the tree again.

"Tell us, where is your pack? You don't seem like the lone wolf type," the leader questions.

You clench your teeth, frustrated, "I left them behind."

"Any particular reason why?"

"If the rumours are true, then you already know the answer," you retort, knowing full well that vampires supposedly read minds.

Twisted Sister steps even closer to you, "Aww, your boyfriend dumped you?" His patronizing, mocking voice makes your blood boil.

"I left him!"

"After he cheated on you," Curly giggles.

You long to wipe the smirks off their pretty faces!

"She thinks we're pretty," Leopard Boy laughs. That's the first time he's spoken.

"I want to kill you," you growl back, trying your best to be threatening. "And I have the upper hand."

"Really? How so?" Platinum's grin never falters.

You allow a smile to plant itself on your face, "I have a stake and I hear that your kind is allergic to wood."

"That's funny, we've heard that your kind is allergic to silver," he grins as each one of them pull out a knife.

You can smell the accursed metal and know that you have no realistic chance of making it out alive, unless you can run faster than them.

"Relax, if we wanted you dead, we wouldn't hesitate."

"Why aren't I dead yet?" You ask with narrowed eyes.

He shrugs, "You seem to be having a rough week. Maybe your pathetic situation makes us pity you."

"I don't need your pity!" You manage to say through gritted teeth.

"Whatever. What I'm saying is, why don't you hang with us until you know what you're gonna do next?"

You certainly didn't expect that, "Seriously?"

"Yeah. At least that way we won't have to hear your annoying howl all night again."

"It's not annoying," you defend, slightly lowering the stick.

You realize what you did and raise it again defensively.

"Keep the stick if it makes you more comfortable. Also, here," Platinum takes off his outer coat and chucks it at you. "Can't have you naked forever, even if we enjoy the view."

That was also unexpected. No one has shown you kindness like that before. Where you're from it's practically dog-eat-dog.

You hesitantly drop the stick, ready to shift at anytime, as you put the surprisingly soft coat on.

They put away their weapons and relax, jostling each other with wide smiles. Still uneasy, you walk behind them, prepared to flee.

"I'm David," Platinum announces.

Each of the others says their name and look over their shoulders, expecting you to say your name.

"Y/n," you reply.

"Cool, now we know each other," Marko flashes a million-dollar smile.

You slowly smile back.

Even if you lost everything you had, now you are making new friends and memories without anyone holding you back.