Imagine #24 (Part One) - Lost Boys

Imagine having wings and meeting the boys.

Word Count: 891

~

Four vampires make their way towards their cave, laughing and jostling each other as they walk. They had just gone for an easy meal and now they were ready to party at the cave.

Something catches Marko's attention.

"You guys smell that?"

Dwayne stiffens as he notices the oddity, "Yeah."

Alert, David walks ahead of the others, going down the slope to the beach. Dwayne follows right behind, with Marko and Paul trailing him.

A soft whimper carries on the wind, bringing a smirk to David's face. They follow the sound and scent, arriving at a lump on the sand.

They stop and stare down at what lies before them.

~

Flying always felt right to you, even more so than walking. Taking to the skies with the clouds kissing your form made you feel so alive.

Unfortunately, the skies were not your friends tonight.

While you had been in midair, a small bolt of lightning had struck your wing. You fell into the water.

Somehow, you made it to shore mostly unharmed. It was difficult to swim with your large feathered wings, especially with one torn, bleeding, and most likely broken.

Now, you lay on the fine sand, water washing against your legs. Your body aches, making a whimper escape your dry lips.

Footsteps. You can hear them coming closer.

Your eyes are closed, your breathing painful and shallow.

"Hey, angel," a distinctly masculine voice greets, not in an unfriendly manner.

You look up in fear at the four men standing above you. Smiles are on each of their gorgeous faces, although the smiles are predatory.

Eyes wide, you struggle to sit up. Your wings feel so much heavier and you can hardly move one. Sitting on your knees, you try to get a better look at them.

Since it's so dark, you can't really see them very well.

"You're hurt," the first speaker says. He doesn't seem concerned.

You shake your head and wobble to your feet, "I'm fine."

They chuckle at the fear in your voice. The curly haired one bites his thumb as he stares at you.

You don't dare to turn your back on them, so you step backwards. Your injured wing drags painfully on the ground as you back away from the males.

A sharp pain jolts through you as you try to lift the appendage off the sand, sending you to your knees.

Tears now build in your eyes as they come closer to you.

"Please don't hurt me," you beg.

The leader of the group crouches down beside you and you shy away from him. The others surround you and lower themselves to your level.

"We wouldn't dream of it, angel."

"We wanna help you."

You look at them, breath still quick.

"Come with us, we'll get you better."

Uncertain, you try to calm down and think of a way out of this situation.

"Come willingly," the leader demands, "You won't find the other option enjoyable."

Eyes wide as saucers, you barely register the threat before you try to stand and run.

You make it past the brown haired man and the other blond successfully, but you only make it a few steps.

The dark haired man snatched your foot, sending you face first into the sand.

You scream in pain as someone grabs your good wing. Another set of hands take your injured wing carefully. It hurts.

Crying, you stop struggling as strong arms scoop you up.

"Told you."

Infuriated by his comment, you scratch his face and shove against his chest, landing with a spray of sand.

He is unaffected by the claws marks on his face and smiles down at you.

"That wasn't very nice, angel."

A sob escapes you as you start to truly panic.

"Relax," the curly haired one says, picking you up this time.

You shiver in his embrace, the tips of your wings dragging on the ground as he carries you down some wooden stairs into a dark cave.

He lays you down on a soft bed, carful of your wings. The one with dark hair gets some bandages and starts to clean your broken wing.

The one with wild blond hair lights a joint and offers it to you, "This'll help with the pain, angel."

You clamp your lips shut and refuse.

"C'mon," he offers it again.

A sudden burst of white hot pain envelopes you as someone sets the bone back into place. Mouth agape, the smoke is pushed into your mouth.

You refuse to inhale from it, but another jolt of pain makes you reconsider. You cough on the smoke, having never smoked before, and start to feel a buzz right away.

"There, that's better. Huh, angel?"

Your body relaxes, but your mind is still on high alert. After a few more puffs, you've fallen asleep.

~

"Man, she's hot," Paul comments as he removes the joint from her slightly parted lips. He takes a drag and watches Dwayne bandage her wound.

"She was burnt," Dwayne says, "I think she got struck by lightning."

Marko breathes out in wonder, "That's crazy."

"She's amazing!"

"I've never seen anything like her before," David adds, trailing his fingers over her feathers.

Everyone's eyes flicker to David.

Marko voices the question on their minds, "Can we keep her?"

A moment of hushed silence.

"Yes," David smirks, "She's our angel."