Imagine #12 - Marko

Imagine dating Marko and discovering his secret.

A/n - this was requested by @Sunn101
Hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 1036

~

Your cousin, Edgar, stands behind the counter of the comic store, shooting you a silent glare. Laughing, you return the look with a smile. Alan walks in, frowning at the exchange.

"What's happening?"

You turn to Alan with an innocent look, "Nothing."

"She wants to go the the boardwalk, but she knows how dangerous it is. Especially at night," Edgar fills his brother in, his glare never wavering.

Shrugging, you raise your hands, "Guilty as charged."

"Y/n, you know it's dangerous!" Alan instantly joins his brother's side of the issue.

"According to you two, everything is dangerous. You guys don't have to come, but I'm going to the boardwalk, and you can't stop me."

They sigh, knowing you won't give into their demands.

"And, if anything happens, I know how to take care of myself."

They know all too well how good you are at fighting, having once seen you in action. A punk had tried to steal a comic, but you took him down and gave him a black eye.

"So, don't wait up for me, dweebs!" You tease before heading outside.

Edgar flips you the bird and Alan shouts and insult back. That's how your relationship is, lovingly insulting each other whenever you get the chance.

With a wide grin, you saunter down the path, hoping to catch the concert that's occurring by the beach.

You catch sight of four parked motorcycles and think nothing of it as you continue walking. There are so many people walking around, that you hardly notice anyone distinctly anymore.

Someone walks by and roughly rams into your shoulder, causing you to fall hard on your butt. Glaring daggers, you race after the colourful blur and grab his shoulder.

His coat is very distinct, sewn with many patches: leopard print, red, and black, as well as the number thirteen. There are a few tassels on the shoulder too.

At the sudden presence of your hand, he stops and turns around to face you.

Immediately, you're taken aback by his angelic appearance. You are still determined to confront him though.

"What's the deal," you ask angrily.

He simply smiles at you, showing off his perfect teeth. You take note of his bouncy blond curls which fall behind his shoulders and down his back.

"May I help you?" His voice is amazingly melodic, but your irritation is palpable.

"An apology would be nice," you state, crossing your arms.

His smile widens, "Why should I apologize?"

You clench your jaw, "For knocking me down back there!"

The blond frowns a bit before smiling again, "In that case, I apologize."

You nod, "Apology accepted."

Turning on your heel, you start to walk away, but a hand clamps down on your shoulder.

You spin around to face the angelic specimen of a man once again.

"Allow me to further my apology," he suggests.

"And, how would you accomplish that?" You smirk.

He doesn't remove his hand, instead draping is arm around you, "Have you eaten yet? I know a great Chinese place."

Thinking about it, you haven't had supper yet, and you are pretty hungry.

"Alright, if you insist."

He smiles knowingly, like he knows a joke that you are unaware of.

"Let's go."

~

It's been a month since you and Marko secretly dating. You've kept it from your cousins, a fairly easy task because they don't really care.

Marko hasn't really kept it a secret on his end, going so far as to introduce you to the rest of the Lost Boys. They all seemed to like you, and you like them, for the most part. David sometimes made you uneasy, but you got over it.

Right now, you're on your way to find your blond angel, as you call him.

He loves it when you call him by a nickname. So far the list includes angel, curly, blondie, sweetie, and babe. He calls you his lamb, baby, and sometimes doll.

You weren't going to meet him tonight, but then you decided that you wanted to surprise him. He's always at the boardwalk or the beach with the other boys, so finding him shouldn't be so hard.

Trudging past a concert, you suddenly frown as you don't see the bikes. You continue your quest, heading down the beach for a long time until you find a secluded bonfire party.

From this distance, it's hard to make out any details. As you get closer, something unexpected happens.

Four figures fly - that's right, fly - from the tree line and start to attack the drunk partiers. Screams escape the victims' throats as the attackers bite their heads and neck and drain their blood.

You can only watch in horror at the bloodbath, frightened beyond words. As you finally gasp in some air, the vampires' heads all turn towards you.

"Shit," Marko hisses as he sees your shaking form.

David smirks, "Looks like you have to turn her now, Marko."

Marko wipes some excess blood from his mouth and starts to walk towards you.

You shake your head, "No! Don't come any closer!"

"Baby, it's alright, I won't hurt you," he says earnestly, ignoring your demand.

"Stay back!"

"I can't do that, baby."

"Don't call me that! You just killed those people!"

"I had to, to stay alive," he explains.

"You're a vampire!!! My cousins were right!" You're in hysterics now, heart beating rapidly.

He reaches out a hand, but you shrink back. "It's not so bad. We never grow old, never die. Is that so bad?"

"You kill people!"

"It's a small price to pay," he replies, calmly. "And, now you can be one of us, Y/n."

"What?" You inhale sharply.

Suddenly, David, Dwayne, and Paul are right beside Marko.

"Join us, Y/n," David reaches a hand out.

The others follow suit, "Be one of us."

Eyes wide, you stare at them in fear. You've never even imagined becoming a vampire. Edgar and Alan would never forgive you, and you'd never forgive yourself.

"No, no, I can't," a tear dribbles down you cheek.

Marko shares a serious glance with David, who looks just as serious.

David nods.

Your breath hitches as Marko comes closer to you, "Sorry, Lamb, you don't have a choice."