Imagine #30 (Part One) - Lost Boys

Imagine going to a masquerade ball.

A/n - this is set back in the day like during the 18th or early 19th century. Imagine something like in a Jane Austen novel. I don't really know.

Comment if you want a part two 😁

Word Count: 1534

~

You've been invited to your first ever ball and you can hardly contain your excitement as you sit in the carriage on your way to the castle. Technically, the invitation was given to everyone in the town and surrounding area, but you won't let that fact put a damper on your spirits.

The tall dark castle looms in your vision as you look out of the carriage. Hooves clip against cobblestones as the horses climb the hill towards the impressive structure.

Heavy clouds block out the setting sun, adding to the eerie feeling blossoming within you.

"Are you prepared? Try to avoid being an embarrassment, if you can," the headmistress of the orphanage you reside in commands.

You nod curtly, still smiling, "Yes Ma'am. I will speak only when spoken to and remember my manners."

"Good. Heaven knows it will be hard enough to find you a husband without you embarrassing yourself," she says from behind her mask.

The ball is a masquerade, requiring you and your headmistress to dress in costumes. Since you're not exactly rich, you made your own costume from anything you could get your hands on. You worked on it for months, slaving over every detail.

You crafted a beautiful red dress with some black lace trim and a black lace mask

Your headmistress is wearing a gorgeous blue dress with a peacock mask

She smiles at you, "Have fun tonight, Y/n. But be careful."

Nodding, you return to looking out the window, "Yes Ma'am."

The carriage comes to a halt and you wait until the door opens before practically leaping out. You looking at the impeccable castle and bubble with excitement.