Imagine #16 - David

Imagine...

Word Count: 345

~

Your eyes land upon your next target.

His shorter hair is styled into a mullet and dyed platinum blond. He wears a leather jacket, matching gloves, and dusty black pants.

His eyes are what gain most of your attention. They are guarded, icy, and promise danger. He walks apart from the crowd, aimless.

Your feet move with purpose as you trail behind him. As his feet hit the sand of the beach, yours follow.

"Hey," you greet. His face remains emotionless as does yours. He doesn't even acknowledge your presence.

So, you follow him in silence until he whirls around to stare you down. You smirk in response.

"Can I help you?!"

You chuckle, "I doubt it."

"Why are you following me?"

"I thought you looked interesting."

He clenches his teeth and starts walking again. "Leave me alone."

"Hmm, nah," you reply, keeping pace beside him.

You end up by the dock, when suddenly he grabs your shoulders and throws you against the wood. A malicious glint shines in your eyes as you stare into his blue orbs.

"There's that fire."

He looks at you in confusion, so you elaborate, "In your eyes. You're a fighter."

He scoffs and releases you. You peel yourself from the wooden dock and straighten up.

"You don't know anything about me," he says.

You smirk, "I know more than you think, David."

His confusion and suspicion grows, "How'd you know my name?"

"I know much more than that."

David keeps his expression guarded as you smile.

"I know that you crave power, that you are fiercely loyal. That you are searching for something more. . . " you smirk in satisfaction at his stunned expression.

"David, come with me. I can give you a new life, a new existence," you continue.

He looks doubtful.

"I'll make this offer once. Join me."

"I don't even know you."

"That comes after you say yes."

He thinks for a second, "Why me?"

"Because you remind me of myself. And I know you'll be a good fit."

David pauses before nodding, "Alright."

"Great, come with me."