Imagine #36 (Part One) - Lost Boys

Imagine accidentally summoning something(s) otherworldly.
(Modern/Incubus AU)

A/n: do you want a part two? (Also, would anyone like a lime/possible lemon if there is a part two?)

The pictures were made with the website Picrew which I recommend for any avatar making!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!

Warnings: sex is mentioned very briefly

Word Count: 1832

~

Endless daydreams fight to vanquish the boredom plaguing you. The problem is, the daydreams have become mundane as well, leaving you haunted by empty thoughts and a dreary existence.

As if your life could get any more dull.

It's not as though you have it rough. In fact, you're well off, with a good paying job, a nice apartment in one of the most exciting cities in the country, and a great group of friends.

So, what is the problem?

Everything that made you happy just seems flat and disappointing. It's as if you've lost all interest in life.

Your watch beeps, signalling the end of the workday.

The library is empty, the patrons having left long ago, so you simply lock the door and start to tidy the bookshelves.

As you lift an enormous book of spells and rituals, a slip of paper flutters to the ground.

Curious, you snatch it from the floor and examine it carefully.

The paper is worn and wrinkled, the ink a bit smudged. Written there is an address and a short message which simply states, 'HERE'.

How odd. . . I wonder what it means?

Tucking the note in your pocket, you grab your bag and lock the door behind you.

Brilliant colours descend from the heavens: golds, pinks, purples, and oranges. They create a splendid backdrop for the busy streets.

This is Santa Carla after all. And in Santa Carla, the city springs to life as the sun dissipates.

~

The address, as you discover online, is not too far from town. It's only thirty minutes out past your friend's place.

You've known the Emerson's for a long time, having met the eccentric grandpa at the library. Then you met Michael at the boardwalk and became friends.

His little brother is nice too, and sometimes hangs out with you and Mike. (Michael doesn't enjoy that, though.)

Maybe Michael wants to check out the address with me?

Eh, he'd think it's stupid. I'll just go myself.

Your stomach rumbles loudly.

Shaking your head, you start to boil water for some ramen.

I'll go tomorrow after work.

~

Yet another day of nothing interesting happening. Hell, you haven't even spoken to Michael in awhile.

Finally the workday ends and the sun starts to set. You race out of the library and let your coworker close up shop as you hop on your motorcycle.

Excited, you enjoy the cool breeze and the sights of strange people wandering the streets until you hit the open road.

Then, you arrive.