Imagine #30 (Part Three) - Lost Boys

Imagine running to the castle.

A/n - so no one commented that they wanted another part but I already had an idea so ta-da!
Anyways, part four???

Thanks for voting, commenting, sharing, and reading!!!

Word Count: 1035

~

"You're to be married."

The words smash against your ears like a hammer upon an anvil.

A week has passed since the marvellous night of the ball and life has returned to normal. At least until now.

You manage a laugh through your surprise, "Married? To who?"

"Mr. Williamson. You'll find him an agreeable suitor. You're lucky that he chose you as his bride," Headmistress continues. 

Horror swells in your stomach, "You must be joking!"

"I am serious. He will make a good husband... and you will be a great bride," she says with a small amount of pity.

Shaking your head, you retreat to the door, "No. No, I won't marry him!"

"You have no choice, Y/n. The arrangements have already been made. You leave tomorrow morning, so pack your possessions tonight."

Preparing to argue, you ball your hand into a fist. Anger surges throughout your body, fire in your veins. "I told you no."

"You have no choice," she fires back, "I'll hear no more of this."

She walks away leaving you with tears welling behind your eyelids. Without another thought, you flee.

Through the town and into the woods you run, trying to repress tears.

Maybe it won't be that bad, maybe he really is nice. But that's not the only issue. He is thrice your age and likes his drink a bit too much. There's also the issue of his unsavoury behaviour towards any woman meets.

He's not an ideal match.

A tree branch whips your cheek, bringing a brief sting of pain but you ignore it.

You can't marry that pig! That would doom you to a life of unending misery!

But you have nowhere else to go.

Cursing, you lift your dress and leap over a fallen tree. In the distance, you see the castle of the four mysterious gentlemen gleaming in the fading light.

You make your way closer to the building but stay within the border of the forest. Sitting against a tree, you watch the sunset.

The sun slips away, leaving you submerged in darkness. Teas manage to sneak past your cheeks and drop to the mossy floor.

"Hello again," a soft voice calls beside you.

Startled, you jolt and stare up at Dwayne, "Sorry! I know I'm trespassing, it won't happen again, I just needed to-"

"It's alright, you're not in any trouble," he smiles amused at your reaction, "Maybe you'd be more comfortable inside. It's getting cold out."

You accept his outstretched hand, "Thank you, but I don't want to be a bother."

"I insist," he says as he leads you to the castle.

Pushing open the door, he bids you to enter with a flourish of his hand. You smile and enter, a bit on edge.

This isn't exactly proper.

"I see we have a guest," David emerges from a poorly lit hall. "I was hoping to see you again."

You curtsy, "It's nice to see you again too."

"You've been crying," Marko comments, stroking your cheek with a cold finger.

Unnerved, you move away from him, "I-"
You don't know what to say.

"You can tell us anything," David states.

You didn't realize them herding you towards the living room until you sat down on the plush couch.

"I-uh. I'm to be married."

They seem surprised at your confession, sharing a look of what seems to be jealousy?

"Congratulations. May I ask who the lucky suitor is?"

A fresh wave of tears escape, "Mr. Williamson."

"Tears of joy?" Paul teases.

You shake your head, covering your face with your hands in shame.

Marko jabs his elbow into Paul's side and glares at him. He then places a hand of comfort on your shoulder, "You can't marry him."

"I know, but there's nothing I can do!" You try to reign in the waterworks and compose yourself.

David interjects, "We can help. No strings attached. You can live here and pursue whatever career you wish. Or simply bypass a career altogether."

"I could never do that," you reason.

"Of course you could," Dwayne points out, "there is nothing stopping you. You didn't agree to the marriage and we can protect you from Mr. Williamson."

"I assume no one knows where you are?" David asks.

You shake your head, possibly a foolish mistake.

"Then they won't find you. No one comes here anyways."

"I couldn't impose like that," you protest again.

David clenches his teeth, "You'd rather live out your days with a slobbering old fool?"

The horrible reality brings a pang of raw terror coursing through you. This could be a real escape. You can avoid that fate, but by avoiding one monster would you be trading him for different ones?

"All you have to do is accept our offer. Live with us."

Anything would be better than an arranged marriage with a old man.

You contemplate it for a minute, "I accept your generosity. Thank you."

They break into wide grins.

"It's settled then. You're one of us now."

You don't truly understand the meaning behind his words, but a relieved smile graces your countenance.

~

As David foresaw, no one came looking for you here.

It's been a week and you have noticed some oddities around the castle although you are happy in your new home.

No one but you is up before sundown, and you've tried adjusting your sleeping pattern to mimic the boys'.

They have no servants, which is odd because of their wealth.

There are no mirrors in this whole place and when questioned they could not provide an explanation.

Lastly, they drink an unknown liquid from various wine bottles but never let you have any.

All of these signs point to them hiding some sort of secret.

Or maybe they truly hate sunlight, servants, mirrors, and have a fondness for a peculiar sort of expensive drink which they do not wish to share.

Either way, their kindness is most astounding.

They welcomed you without question and it felt so natural.

Of course, you've been making yourself useful, cleaning around the castle and cooking meals. They've insisted that you don't need to do anything but you want to repay them.

So far, living with them has proven excellent.