ten

"Hi." I get out after a few moments of silence. Fiddling with the rings I have on my fingers.

"Hey." He says running his hands through his hair. There's a few more moments of silence before Charlie puts his hands in his pockets and speaks up again. "Are you okay?" He ask with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I tell him taking a few steps towards him.

"So... did I do something for you to avoid me after we kissed?" He takes a few steps towards me.

"No. It was all me." I look down at the ground.

"Then why did you? What happened?" I feel him standing right in front of me and I look up at him.

"I got scared. My last boyfriend... stuff happened and i'm scared." I admit to him. I feel his hands grab mine.

"Sawyer, I would never think about hurting you."

"I know. I really do. Just I don't want what happened to happen again so I chicken out and run when things start to get to the point of more than friends."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I look down at our hands. "I don't know. It's a lot, and i've only just told Savannah and the only other people that know is my family."

"You don't have to. Take you time. But i'm always here."

"Thank you." I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. His arms around my waist as he lifts me off the ground slightly. " I really like you Charlie."

"I really like you too Sawyer."

— • —

I feel so much better after talking with Charlie. I have no idea where we stand, relationship wise but that feels okay to me. I'm currently watching Madison and Charlie do the Perfect Harmony dance together. I'm sitting on the floor giggling watching the two as Charlie almost drops Madi for the 100th time. Charlie looks over at me and gives me a glare and I just smile at him. He shakes his head. I see Madi look at us both weirdly and I can practically see the gears turning in her head. Paul gives the two a break and they both walk over to me.

"I can do the dance better than you." I tell Charlie as he sits next to me. "Your part."

"Oh really?" He ask tilting his head with a smirk on his face.

"Mhm." I smile at him.

"Is there something happening here?" Madi ask pointing at the two of us.

"What makes you say that?" I ask as Charlie places a hand on my back.

"I'm not going to get anything out of you two?"

"Nope." Charlie answers rubbing his hand up and down on my back. I lean into him slightly smiling up at Madi. She rolls her eyes and goes to grab her water bottle.

"This is fun." I tell Charlie. "Not saying anything to anyone, about us."

"Well, besides Owen and Savannah." Charlie looks over at me.

"Yeah but, those are our best friends, they don't count."

"True, True."

Paul then calls for Charlie who smiles at me and gets up waking over to Paul and Madi.

— • —

Getting back to my place after being done with my work for the day I plop down in my bed. I close my eyes to take a nap when Savannah burst through my bedroom door and jumps on top of me.

"So how did the talk with Charlie go?" She ask still laying on top of me.

"Really good actually. I didn't tell him everything but he's not pushing me and he likes me." I smile and start to think about Charlie.

"Awww, i'm so happy for you!" She hugs me. I end up jamming my fingers into her sides causing her to roll of me and onto the floor making me laugh. "Hey what was that for?"

I just laugh at my best friend and just being incredibly happy with how my life is going.

— • —
another chapter done. I hope you enjoyed!