thirteen

"So," My mom starts while I am on the phone with her. "I see there's a new boy in your life?" She ask and I can practically see the smile on her face without actually seeing her.

"Yeah, i do." I smile down at the blanket on my bed and start to pick at it.

"Okay, now spill. I can see that his name is Charlie but that's all I know."

"Well, he's playing Luke on the show, and he's just amazing. I really like him mom. He treats me well and is just amazing."

"Aw sweetie. I'm so happy for you. Especially after everything. Does he know?"

"No, I haven't told him yet. But I will. I'm just not ready." As I finish my sentence there's a knock on my bedroom door and Charlie opens with a smile. "Uh, mom I gotta go." He comes and sits on my bed next to me and wraps his arms around me.

"Oh, Charlie is there isn't he. Well Tell him I said hi. I love you sweetie."

"I love you too. Bye." I hang up the phone and turn towards the boy laying down next to me. "My mom says hi." I tell him.

"Ah, so we are at the point where our parents can know." He says, putting his hands behind his head and smiles.

"Shut up." I tell him and slap his chest and he grabs my wrist and pulls me into his chest. I laugh and place my head in the crook of his neck as he pulls me on top of him. "Hi." I mumble into his neck and the  lift my head up to look at him.

"Hi." He lifts his hand and moves a piece of hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear. I lean down and press my lips to his. His hands go to my back pressing me closer to him. I pull away from him and just look down at him. "What?" He ask.

"Nothing. I'm just really happy." I answer with a smile on my face. I lick my lips and Charlie rolls us over so he's on top making me let out a squeal.

"I'm really happy too." He leans down and presses kisses all over my face. I laugh and put my hands on my chest and try to push him off me.

"Charlie!" I let out between laughs. He grabs my wrists and places them above my head. He looks down at me like he's studying my face or something. "What?" I ask feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"You're just. Beautiful." He says with a wide smile on his face. I feel blush creeping on my face and if Charlie wasn't holding my wrist I would cover my face so instead I turn my head to the side. He lets go of my wrist and grabs my face so I am looking at him again. "I really like you Sawyer."

"I really like you Charlie." He leans down and presses his lips to like again making me smile into the kiss.

— • —

It's now Savannah Tori and I in mine and Savannah's apartment. It's a movie night and just talking really. It's nice to have a catch up with the girls.

"Kinda sad that filming ends in a month." Tori speaks up from her spot on the couch.

"Yeah, we've spent 4 months straight together and now we won't see each other till probably Jeremy and Carolyn's wedding." Savannah says falling back dramatically onto the couch.

"Well good thing we all have phones and facetime then. Also most of us live in california so it won't be that hard to get together." I say, picking at the hang nails on my fingers.

"By us getting together, you mean you and Charlie right?" Tori wiggles her eyebrows at me and smiles.

"Not just me and Charlie." I smile mentioning him. "I'm sure i'll see him often but everyone."

"Why aren't the two of you official yet?" Savannah says sitting back up and leaning closer to me.

"I don't know. We like how it is and we aren't in a hurry to change it. I guess we are taking it slow."

"Whatever the speed you want to take and whatever works for the two of you, you know Savannah and I are always here." Tori says and slides over to give me a hug.

"And that is why you two are my best friends."

The three of us laugh and eventually turn on a movie all fall asleep on the couch and wake up with lots of neck pains.

— • —
I have an Owen Joyner book in my drafts that I am thinking about publishing soon so be on the lookout for that!