twentyfive

1 year later
— • —

it's the new year. We went to Canada for the new year and spent Christmas with my family. It's been so nice. Now that the world has opened up a bit more we have been able to travel a bit. It's been a good year.

Charlie has told me that tonight we are going out, just the two of us. We haven't had time for just the two of us a lot recently, with spending time with family and the holidays. So now that everything has slowed down we are spending the day together.

We went out for lunch and walked around town going into different shops. It was a really good day. At the end he wanted us to watch the sunset together. Something we did on our first date. We laid in the car wrapped in blankets to keep us warm and cuddled against each other.

"This is really nice Charlie thank you." I say looking up at him. He smiles down at me and kisses my forehead.

"Don't need to thank me. I just do it because I love you." He says pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I love you too." I lean up and press my lips to his. He holds it for a few moments then I feel him move to grab something. He pulls away and brings his hands in front of him.

"Sawyer, I'm so incredibly happy with you. It's absolutely crazy how much I'm in love with you." Charlie begins and takes my hand in his. "I could do this whole elaborate speech about how much I love you but I think i'm just gonna ask this." From behind him and pulls out a velvet box and my heart just about stops.

"Charlie.."

"Sawyer, will you marry me?"

"Yes." I grab his face and kiss him.

"Can I put the ring on you?" He laughs pulling away.

"Oh yeah. Please."

He slips the ring on and pulls me into a hug.

We officially get to spend the rest of our lives together.

— • —
and this is it! Sorry it's a short chapter I didn't want to add a lot and also didn't know what to add and didn't want to put this off much longer. Thank you so much for the love on this book. I appreciate it so much. also in a few days i will be uploading a new story. (it's a dream one so if you don't like mcyt then still read it :))
again thank you. <3