twenty

Charlie and I decided to go on a hike today. I am not one for hikes but Charlie loves them so I am trying one. It's starting to get warmer with summer coming. I was wearing a jacket because it was pretty chilly this morning but that is now currently tired around my waist as we continue up this mountain.

"Charlie, can we take a break?" I ask causing Charlie to stop and turn around as I lean back against a tree and take out my water to take a drink.

"Yeah, are you okay?" He says stepping in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm just not as in shape as you are." I smile and place my hands on his arms. "See you have muscles. I have nothing." I hold up my arm and flex is for him.

"You're cute. But we are almost to the top. Can you keep going and do you still need a few minutes?" He takes my hand in his.

"We can keep going." I quickly press a kiss to his lips and let him pull me along the path.

Once we get to the top I sit down — well more like lay down — on the ground and hear Charlie laugh and sit down next to me.

"We can stay here awhile if you'd like." He says pushing some hair out of my face.

"Please. My legs feel like jello." I turn my head to answer him.

"Good thing my mom packed us snacks." He grabs his bag and reaches to pull out two sandwiches and two granola bars. He hands me one of each and we start eating.

"I love your mother." I claim with my mouth pull of the peanut butter and jelly.

"Good, she loves you too." Charlie takes another bite.

I contemplate if this is a good moment to tell him. Should I just say it? What's the worst that can happen? He doesn't love me back. I wonder if I am scared because of my ex. Charlie is nothing like him. Just the way he looks at me I can tell. I should say it.

But I don't and we eventually head back down the mountain.

— • —

We both shower and I end up falling asleep while Charlie is showering. I feel arms wrap around me the wake me up and Charlie's soft voice speaking, "Baby?" I roll over and burry my face in his chest. "If you keep on sleeping you won't sleep tonight." He continues to rub my back.

"But i'm sleepy." I mumble in his chest causing him to laugh.

"But you have to get up bub." He kisses the top of my head and I groan sitting up in this bed and rub my eyes.

"Come on now." Charlie stands up and grabs my hands trying to pull me up.

"Why can't we just cuddle of the rest of the day?" I pout. "We've been active all morning and part of the afternoon. I say we deserve to just relax."

"Sawyer."

"Charlie."

He signs and ends up crawling back into bed and wrapping his arms around me. I smile knowing I one.

"You're lucky I love you." He says and I feel my heart stop of a second. I look up at him and He looks like he just did something wrong, like he stole a cookie from the cookie jar. "Um... I..."

I lean up and press my lips to his. "I love you too." I say once I pull away and both of us grow a big smile on our faces. Charlie pulls me back in for a kiss.

God I really do love this man.

— • —
This wasn't exactly how I planned this but I actually like how it went. THEY FINALLY SAID I LOVE YOU! I hope you enjoyed!