6. Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane

Saira Malik

"Ruk ja o dil deewane"

His voice floated around, making me halt in my tracks.

"Poochu to mai zara
Ladki hai ya hai jadoo
Khushbu hai ya nasha.."

The crowd erupted in cheers as the music filled the room. I spun around, slowly, only to find a triumphed smirk plastered in his face. Our gazes locked, for not more than a second but were enough to rile me up for no reason.

No. Reason.

Zaara drew me with her to where we were standing before, enjoying the show. He continued singing, murdering the song with his not-so-bad voice, as I stood there, trying not to enjoy one of my favorite songs. Hands folded over my chest, and lips pressed together.

"Dekhe vo idher haske bekhabar
Thamke dil hum khade hai
Gumsum si nazar uski hai magar
Hothon pe shikve bade hai
Baat ban jae to
Main baat chedu zara.."

Zaara hooted, clapping her hands as he successfully made it halfway through the song. She shot me a what's wrong look, arching her brow.

"Tumaku kiya hua ab?" She asked over the loud music.

"Nothing," I mutter, trying to sound pissed. She looked at me weirdly and shrugged, turning her focus back on this...this Zayn Malik/ Atif Aslam/ Asim Azhar or whoever he thinks he is.

Abruptly, out of nowhere, he jumped off the stage. Flashing a smile to the crowd, but smirked at me.

"Sharma vo gai ghabra vo gai
Maine jo usko pukaara.."

A scowl formed on my face, as he ambled towards me. His dark brown eyes shining under the limelight, with a hint of mischief laced in them.

"Ye dil le liya us ne kardiyea
Aankho hi aankho me ishaara.."

People seemed to have cleared out of his way, as he circled around me, before stopping in front. He leaned forward slightly, his frame towering over my small one like a wall. His eyes didn't leave mine, but stared at me, making me gulp. Heat crept up my cheeks, as a reflex.

"Jaan bhi jai to
Gham na karu me zara."

He winked at me, leaning closer before pulling away completely. Leaving me dumbfounded, muddled, and pissed, making me grit my teeth in anger.

What does he think of himself?

Zaara nudged me with her elbow, wiggling her brows.

"Kiya ishaara kare tum usku, huh?"

She teased and later giggled on receiving a glare from me. Turning my head towards the stage, I watched him hit the last note, the drummer sealing the song with a final strike. For the 100th time cheers erupted from the crowd.

Zaara's scream being the loudest, piercing my right ear and maybe making it bleed.

"Marry me!" A voice yelled from somewhere behind, earning chuckles from everyone. Including me.

Who will marry this rockstar?

Just then his eyes landed on me, an amused expression written all over his face. Turning my smile upside down, immediately.

The night passed by awfully slow. It was getting harder for me not to move to the music and stop myself from singing along. But I made it somehow.

Zaara's phone rang abruptly. Pulling it out from her bag, she glanced at the screen and frowned, before answering the call.