30. The 'Ok Jaanu' Kiss

This took me a while to write and even longer to come up with the ideas. I'm super happy with how everything turned out and I hope you do too!! 💞

Turning my head to the right and then the left, I finish my salah with the Salam after Fahad and slowly raise my hands towards the sky in gratitude

Everytime I'd see couples praying out in the public somewhere, I'd secretly wish for the same. One day, my husband and I offering namaz together. What more can one ask for? All the couple goals, and the awwing at the cute pictures on instagram, it all came true today. I clamp my eyes shut tightly, basking in this feeling and thanking the one above for making it all happen. A series of emotions surged through me. Love, appreciation, gratitude, joy mixed together and a tear rolled down my cheek.

A smile spread across my lips when a warm pad of finger wipes the stream away.

"Itna rote kyu tum?" Fahad asks gently.

(Why do you cry so much?)

"Ye to khushi ke aansu hai, pagle." He laughs at my words, while I laugh because he is. Fahad leans in, pressing his mouth on my forehead in a kiss then drops to lay down in my lap.

The place he brought us to was mini heaven. We were in the middle of an open field covered in lush green grass that smelled of raw earth. The sun on our left cast orange hues all around it in the sky, and on this hulk of a man that lay so comfortably on my folded legs. A mile away from us, stood a cute little waterfall which we were yet to see. Only the faint gushing of the water reached our ears.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" I asked out of the blue, gazing at him.

"I believe in annoyed at first sight."

"Is that seriously what you thought of me?! I was annoying?" I say it like it's the first time someone had called me that. Annoying is informally my maiden name.

"You still are." I gasp in shock, smacking his arm.

"You're so rude!"

"I'm honest, Jaana. You called me Hitler so many times! I never said you were rude." He points.

"Oh well, that's because you are a khadoos hitler." I retort, pulling out the pins of my hijab and unwrapping it."You were such a creep the first day!" A snort leaves my mouth on recalling that night.

"I was a creep?"

"Of course! Who sings 'Ruk ja O dil deewane' for a stranger like that?!"

"Acha? Aur aap? Sholay ke Amitabh Bachan the jo mathi uthake phek diyea mere muh pe? Wo kuch nahi?"

(And you? Amitabh Bachan from Sholay throwing sand on my face like that?)