18. Ishq Bulava

Enjoy the fun while it lasts. Aage maamla bohot Gautam hone wala hai aur gambeer bhi.

Samajh rahe ho? Samajh rahe ho aap? Yes? Then, hats off if you get the joke. 'Cuz your writer dearie is dramatic with a lame ass 😁

Saira Malik

"Saira," I utter, standing at the door of my room to see Devu too close to her and towering over her. Her face hidden behind his torso. On my call, I notice his shoulder tense as he whips around. His lips twitching into a smirk.

"Tum bataye nahi aysi kirrak cheez hai tumhare paas so." He cheers, making me fist my hands so tight I could feel the nails digging into my skin.

(You didn't tell me you had such an item with you!)

"Nikal," I grit.

(Get out.)

"Arey, mere bhai sun to--" He tries but breaks into laugh when in two long strides I come over and drag him out of the room.

"Byeeee!" He calls, once I shove him out through the door, waving at Saira.

Turning back, my gaze found hers. An unfamiliar fear settling in the pit of my stomach as I form the phrase.

"Kuch kara une?" I ask her, keeping my voice down.

(Did he do something?)

"Himmat nahi hui uski." She jokes, shaking her head. Trying to lighten the sudden flip in the atmosphere, with a light twitch at the corner if her mouth.

(He just couldn't muster up the courage.)

"Junglee billi hai na tum." I mumble, a small smile playing at my lips.

"Who was he, by the way?"

"Devu." The name rolls of my tongue paired with a loud exaggerated sigh.

"I've heard it before. . ." Her brows knit together in thought before bouncing in realization. "Devu, right! The man who sent me to stretcher straight from Charminar. How could I ever forget that awful day of my life! So, this is Devu."

"Yeah, this is Devu."

"No wonder you loathe him so much. He has that kind of vibe around him. Can't really blame you for what ever happened the other day. So, Mr. Abdullah, you are officially forgiven." She announces.

"Thank you--- but, hey, wasn't I forgiven already?"

"Dil se thodi maaf kari thi main! I just said it for the sake of saying it." My jaw hung open at her words.

"Anyway, kuch balm hai to dedo usko. He'll need it after my knee in his balls." (Give him a pain relief balm if you got one. He'll need it after my knee in his balls.)

"You did really?"

"What?"

"Knee him down there?"

"He asked for it!" I chuckle, beaming at her, my chest swelling with pride.

"Zaroori hai dena ab." She giggles in response before silence enveloped us. I could feel her eyes on me, while I stood before her contemplating on what to do now. Uneasiness surged through me at the mere thought of keeping her here in my room, even after Devu discovering her. The years of education we spent together had given me a great idea of who he is and  all the things he can do. So, keeping Saira here was definitely not wise a decision.

"Chalo, I'll drop you home." I say finally, releasing a breath. Her face breaks into a smile as she slightly jumps in her place, saying 'OKAY!'

"Let's go." We step out of the room but halt when she rushes back in.