45. Honeymoon

. . .And, we're back! Wishing you a very blessed Eid 💞💫 I am still trying to stomach the fact that it's been a more than a month since I've updated, yet it feels like yesterday I wished you all a Ramadan Mubarak. Time is, just, running at 200 mph.

Here's a recap for all my readers:
Fahad and Saira got married. *cheers and applause* It's a new life and new beginning for both of them. More so for Saira cuz, she has to adjust to living in Barkat Villa and in India. But most importantly, bare the toxic Phuppo duo who are leaving no chance at taunting and getting into her head.

Walking up to the front door of Barkat Villa, I ring the doorbell with an excited yet stupid grin on my face

"Assalam---"

"Walaikum." Imran answers, causing me to stop smiling midway. Too much for expecting your wife at the door to receive you after spending the day away from each other.

"Where is your bhabi?"

"Come, see for yourself." He almost grumbles, motioning towards the living room behind him. Imran spins on his heels without another word and marches into the house.

Ohkaaayy.

With a frown, I follow him in and kick my shoes off, slightly jumping in my place when daddy's thunderous voice reaches my ear.

"Ring him right now!" He shouted.

"What has happened?" I murmur but do not receive any reply from my brother. Leaving me with no choice but to go inside without a heads up.

I clear my throat stepping into the tense atmosphere of the living room. Daddy who stood with his back to me twirls around. His expression gave away nothing but, 'you-are-in-trouble'. The one I've been receiving all my college life. Imran joins mummy and Saira standing a step behind him which left me alone on the other side. 

"Assalam Alaikum." I offer, earning quiet replies from my jury.

"What time is it?" Daddy inquires, with a tilt of his head. Fishing out my phone, I check to see 11.30 PM. 

"11--"

"Are you early?"

I take a while to answer that, contemplating between a yes and a no. I am quite early, given my track record up to now, where I don't usually return home before 12. Keeping in mind the current time, I am technically 30 minutes early. So, finally, I decide to go with a slow nod of yes.

"Shabaash!" He claps. From the corner of my eyes, I notice mummy clamp her eyes shut, Imran smacking his forehead, and Saira standing as confused as I felt.