15. Kahani Mein Twist Hai

Late update ke liyea maafi 🙏🏻. No reason 😁

Saira Malik

"Saira! Look at this one. It's so pretty!" Maryam gushed rubbing the fabric between her fingers, as the man displays yet another dress before us. "I love the color." She adds.

"Hmm. . .Not bad." I say honestly. I mean it was nice and everything with grand and heavy work throughout but not something that I would wear to the first party of the wedding ever.

"Doosra dikhayea, please." I tell the man who nods his head, turning to examine the line of stacked heavy Indian attire.

"Kab se tum yeich bolre, yaaro. Choose!" She said uncertain herself, glancing at the pile of clothes on her side.

Sighing, I zero in on the never-ending racks until my eye lands on the one.

"Woh wala," I say pointing to the light-colored dress peeking from under all the reds and pinks. Nodding his head, he pulls it out throwing it around the platform made out of quilt between us.

"Perfect! Ise final kardijiyea."

"Hogai shopping?" Emad asks after I settle in the passenger seat beside him.

"Haan." I tell fastening my seatbelt. "Next up, I want sugarcane juice."

"Allah! Mein nahi lara."

"Emad," I warn, giving him the first and last look.

"Nahi Saira." He said, swiftly driving onto the main street.

"Pho ka number hai na Maryam tumhare paas? Call karo unko zara." I smirk.

"Tum kitne saal ke hai, Saira?"

"Old enough to still complain about you to Pho." He grinned, then shook his head. 

"Chalo, jaldi!"

The vehicle came to a stop. Rushing out, I step inside the living room of Muqam-e-Ibrahim, I collapse on the couch dropping all the shopping bags on the floor around me.

"MOM!" 

"Haan?" 

"Main aagai!" 

"Toh?" I hear her chuckle as she made her way toward me, followed by Pho. "How was shopping?"

"Tiring!" 

"Tiring?! Mummy, she drank 2 glasses of sugarcane juice, ate samosas, and bhel puri, and 2 cups of chai at the store. And you know what? She even asked for Osmania biscuits from the guy along with chai!" Maryam rambled joining us on the couch.

"How is that even relevant? I said it was tiring, not hungry!" I roll my eyes at her, taking my hijab off and untying my hair.

"Fahad bhaiya shouldn't have made her come across sugarcane juice that day." She comments. 

"Naam nai lo tum us Hitler ka mere saamne, acha?"

"Hitler who?" Mom inquired, furrowing her brows.

"Aapki beti hero jaise insaan ku Hitler bolte, Salma mummy."

"Insaan khoobsurat ke saath saath khoobseerat bhi rehna. Right Pho?" 

"Exactly." I grin, raising my hand to land a hi5.

"Itne ache toh hai bhaiya! He took you out for three days without complaining. Aur kiya hona?" Maryam argued, making me roll my eyes again.

"Dekho to zara humare beti ke tevar." Mom comments, scoffing.

"Aapko toh na mere tevar hi nazar aate, doosron ki taraf to aap dekhte hi nahi. Itne saal America main rahe mom aap, phir bhi dil? Dil hai Hindustani."