29. Willow

𝑰'𝒎 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅
𝑾𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒌 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒏

It's the 3rd time in a row where my eyes shoot open on their accord, making me grab my phone and click it on only to realize it's just 10 AM

Wasn't it 9.59 AM the last time I checked?

I smack my forehead, toss the thing aside and turn to lay flat on my back against the mattress. Not as comfy as Fahad's, but enough to survive. I should get some more sleep. I school myself and shut my eyes as I did mere seconds ago.

But, my mind was wide awake, perhaps too awake for my usual lousy self, and just won't let me sleep for another minute. Since Fahad said, he'd come to get me today and we'll be spending the rest of the day together, there was no holding my horses back. My stomach flips, my heart skips more than a beat and a dreamy sigh leaves my mouth.

Fahad and Saira

Saira and Fahad.

Together.

Was all my mind kept running on a continuous loop. What will we do? Where will we go? I've been to Old City and all the 'Hills' there are here once. Will he take me shopping? Or to a restaurant? Or to a movie like they show on the TV? Young couples in love on a date, laughing and happy, walking hand in hand. Is that how today is going to be about? Is this a date?

Woah! That sounds crazy.

"I am going on a date," I say to myself, liking the feel of it then squeal loudly into my pillow.

The light flips on above me, Pho ambling into the room.

"Saira, bache are your up?"

"Yes, Pho." I slowly crawl out of the covers, sitting up and smiling at her. She beams, making her way towards me and taking me in a bear hug.

"Happy birthday, Saira doll. Allah meri bachi ko humesha khush rakhe, abaad rakhe. Kabhi koi museebat me na pardne de. Dono jahaan ki success aur khushiyon se nazawein meri doll ko. Do you know how lucky Fahad is? If I had a son his age, I'd reserve you for him the day you were born." I chuckle, as she plants a kiss on my forehead. "When is he going to be here?"

"I don't know. He said he'll ring me before reaching." 

"Sounds good. Chalo then, go freshen up. Everyone is waiting for the birthday girl."

Just like Pho had said, everyone was gathered in the living room with smiles on their faces. I go around, one after the other, receiving kisses, blessings, hugs, and gifts. 

"It seemed just like yesterday when I first held you in my arms." Papa says, caressing my hair lovingly. 

"My baby has grown up so quickly!" Mumma exclaims, winding her arms around us. The three of us stand like that, in each other's arms relishing the moment.