25. Sajde

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑲𝒊 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒊 𝑴𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝑯𝒂𝒒 𝑴𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝑯𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒊
𝑷𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒊 𝑴𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑷𝒉𝒊𝒓 𝑻𝒖𝒋𝒉𝒆

~

I choke on the piece of bread rolling down my throat, going in a fit of coughing

I choke on the piece of bread rolling down my throat, going in a fit of coughing. Panting and gasping for air.

"Bismillah, Bismillah." Mummy chants, rubbing my back. But I shake my head, trying to get to my feet. Gulping down the glass of water, I blink my stinging eyes rapidly and wipe awat the tears that slid down my cheeks. My throat and my soul on fire. It was only a matter of seconds before my vision would turn red and I start to break jaws and snap bones.

I didn't have to ask again to make sure what I heard was 'Saira said yes to Shoaib's rishta'. It was way too early for my fatigued mind to play tricks on me. Wasting no time, I dash for my room and grab my keys and phone.

"Fahad, kaha jaare?"

(Fahad, where are you going?)

"Bohot zaroori kaam hai. Dua kariyea main kaamyaab ho jaun."

(It's really important. Pray that I succeed,)

With that said, I slam the front door shut behind me and race towards my motorbike and hit the ignition straight up.

Aysa kaisa haan boldi? Itni bhi koi badi baat toh nahi hui thi humare beech jo. . . My mind argued.

Itna bhi kya ghussa? Sorry bola main, phir bhi nahi accept kare. Aur bas boldiyea haan uss. . . uss American choozey ke liyea.

(I said, I was sorry but she didn't accept it. And went straight for that. . .American chicken.)

Banda sorry accept karlena, aur baat khatam thi. Usko beech me laake, meku double ghussa dilare madam so wo kuch nahi?! Main kaha dikha usko aaj tak. Main to invisible man hoon. Main invisible, meri feelings invisible, meri mohabbat invisible! My inner self took shot after shot, not stopping for a single second.

(One should accept apologies and end things right there. But she had to bring that guy and piss me off even more! Why would she care? She never acknowledged me, she never acknowledged my feelings, she never acknowledged my love! No one cares about me!)

Kisi ko kuch nahi dikhra! Aur main to bilkul nahi.

Zooming past the Sunday traffic, I make a left turn and stop at the traffic light.

Kal bhi main tang nahi kara usko. I gave her space, not overpowering her. Surrender to her threats and this is what I get! Too much for being a good boy. I huff mentally. Fishing my phone out from the pocket, I dial her number and place it to my ear. The bell went on and on but Saira didn't pick up. Ending the call, I ring her again only to hear the bell. Exhaling heavily, I shove it back in my jeans.