2

Amber

I woke up to my loud alarm clock ringing into my ears. First day of hell. After 5 minutes of debating whether or not to get out of bed I finally did. I headed straight to the bathroom to wash up.

I got out of the shower in 5 minutes. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went into my room and pulled out my clothes for today. I put my hair in a side braid and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Morning momma", I greeted my mother.

"Moring Amber", my mother replied. She was making pancakes. My favorite. My hair was ginger Which I inherited from my from my father and hazel brown eyes than I got from my mother. She was in her work outfit.

This was unusual. Mother was not always home. She was mostly working late shifts or really early ones that made her leave home around 5am.

"So, first day of school. Are you excited?" she asked me.

"Yeah, but I have to get a ride from Dylan. By the way where is he?" I asked. Seconds after, Dylan walked through the front door, sweat dripping from his forehead and through his shirt.

"Speaking of the devil." my mother muttered.

"Good morning to you too." he replied.

"Good morning Dyl." I said.

"Moring lil sister." he replied. I groaned. Dylan alway called me his little sister like we were so many years apart. He was only two years older than me. Not that many years apart.

"Go shower and get ready. You smell." I said waving my hand up and down dramatically.  "First day of school remember."

"Ok. I'm coming give me 5 minutes". He chuckled.

I nodded in response. Dylan finally came down. He got a breakfast bar and told me to get ready and get in the car.

"Bye mom." I kissed her cheek and left.

The car ride was short. Once we arrived, a group of people came toward us. I'm sure they were Dylan's friends I said to myself. I got out and started walking away until  Dylan shouted out.

"See you at lunch, Amber!" he said. I nodded and walked away.

After looking for the office, I found it and got my locker number and schedule. I thanked the lady at the desk and walked away.

I was reading the subjects I had for today and I was not looking where I was going. I bumped into a hard body and fell down.

When I got up, only to find out it was Ryan.

~