25

Amber

I sighed in frustration. I had been looking for an outfit for the past two hours. I had found a floral skirt. I was now just looking for a top to go with it.

After a few more minutes, I decided to go with a black camisole top. I put on my outfit and matched it with my black knee-high socks with my boots.

I looked for my perfume and quickly squirted some onto my body. Making sure that the smell of vanilla lingered on my body.

I ran downstairs in search for my cardigan in case the place got cold. I passed the clock on the wall quickly checking the time. 7:56pm. I rushed to the living room, checking my outfit in the hallway mirror. I grabbed my bag and unplugged my phone from the charger and made my way to the patio.

Turning on my phone, I checked the time 7:58. I smiled. I was on time. Was he? I questioned. Answering my question, he drove up my driveway. I sighed in relief.

He got out of the car, racing up the stairs to get to me.

"Good evening." he breathed out.

"Good evening." I smiled.

He held onto my hand as he led me towards the car. He opened up my door and I entered the car. I watched as he walked up to his side and entered the car.

"Ethan." I giggled. "Where are you taking me?" I questioned as he turned on the engine.

"Amber, I told you, it's a surprise." he grinned and I groaned.

He backed out of my driveway making his way to wherever he was taking me.

After thirty minutes of driving, Ethan pulled up to a cute little diner. We walked up to the door. Ethan, being the gentleman he is, opened the door for me. I gave him a small smile.

We found a booth and settled down in it. The diner wasn't full, yet it wasn't empty. There were fairy lights surrounding the booths and faint music playing.

"This is nice." I commented.

Ethan nodded.

A waiter, in about her early twenties, came rolling in on rollerblades. Her name tag read Marilyn. "Are you ready to order yet?" she asked polity.

I nodded my head. "Yes. I actually will have the deep fried chicken breast fillet with fries on the side. And also cheese as dressing for the chicken. Thank you".

Ethan ordered his own meal and I let him order drinks to see if he was paying attention to what I actually like to drink- which he was.

"Ok. I'll be back with the drinks and food." Marilyn said. I nodded.

"So, how you liking this so far?" Ethan asked.

"So far, this has been one of the best dates ever." I smiled, leaning onto the table.

"Really?" he asked with a hopeful look on his face, leaning onto the table as well.

"Really." I answered.

Marilyn came back with our drinks and food. We ate quietly as I listened to the chatter from other customers, the sound of wheels against the tilled ground and the music playing.