Epilogue

Amber

I laughed loudly for the umpteenth time. I can't remember when last I was on this swing set. I watched as my feet swung as I went higher and higher.

"Ethan, higher!" I laughed. He pushed me once again. "Ok. I'm going to jump now."

"Amber." he said warily. "Are you sure? It doesn't look safe."

"Come on Ethan. Don't be such a baby, I'll be just fine." I turned around and gave him a big smile to show that I'd be ok. He sighed.

I swung my feet back and forth one last time before leaping off of the swing. In the air, my hair flew out of my face up into the air.

I love it when we spend time like this with each other. Being the silly kids we are. Doing weird things people our age don't even do anymore.

The enjoyment ended shortly. I bent my knees up and landed. I lifted my hands up just like the cheerleaders did. I turned around and shouted, "I told you so!"

Ethan just chuckled. "Come on over here." I walked up to him. He grabbed my legs and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ethan!" I shouted playfully. "Put me down."

He didn't listen, he carried me all the way to the car.

-

Ethan and I were sitting on his kitchen counter. Ethan had decided to make lunch. I was scared. The last time Ethan volunteered to cook, he burnt the food, the stove and fractured his right arm. Don't ask me how, because even I don't know.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a grape landed on my nose. "Hey!" I yelled.

Ethan just chuckled. "Chill. You just looked lost." He walked up to me, munching on grapes.

"Sorry I was just thinking." I said. He now stood between my legs.

"About?"

"You." I smiled. He looked up and I leaned and pecked him on his lips.

"I love doing that", he smiled and walked back to his pot on the fire.

Ethan and I had been dating for 5 years now. We had graduated and bought a house for ourselves. It was a small house. It was at the bottom of a hill. It was furnished. The house was cozy and we had enough room for visitors and more furniture.

We both had decided that we wouldn't go to university for a while. Instead we would take our time and move in with each other.

"I wanted to ask you something." I said hesitantly.

"Shoot." He turned around to look at me.

"My mother was making this dinner thing. She said I can invite anyone. So... I kinda wanted you to come."

"Sure. Why not." he said. I let out a sigh of relief. I jumped off the counter and walked up to him. He went to look for something, I took the chance to dip my finger into his spaghetti sauce.