19

Amber

As I was walking down the hallway, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out.

I need to meet and talk to you @ my house after school.

I looked at the ID and it was from Ethan. I quickly typed in a simple ok.

Since Ryan practically ruined my lunch, I decided that since there was only five minutes of lunch left, I would just walk to my locker and grab my books for the next class. I did exactly that and slowly walked to my next class.

-

After I had driven to Ethan's house, I was currently seated in a chair in the dining room waiting for Ethan to come out of his room. When he came out, he sat down right in front of me.

"Amber, I didn't want to have this talk but, I think I have to." He said in a calm tone. I started to wonder to a bunch of what ifs. Then my thoughts were  broken when he spoke again. "Ok so here goes." He took in a breath. "Do you remember anything that happened at the party?" He asked me.

I thought for a while trying to remember what happened. "No, I don't." I answered truthfully.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"I promise. Why? Is there something I should remember?" I asked getting nervous.

"Well..." he dragged.

"Well what?"

"Well, yes"

"Ok so what was it? Did I embarrass myself? Oh I did didn't I?" I said.

"No, no, no. You didn't do anything to embarrass yourself. What you did was kind of out of the blue. I wasn't expecting it." He went on. "Ok so, I heard you when you were looking for me. I saw you jump into the pool, and then I was pulled aside by someone. When I came back you had gone for a drink. I overheard your conversation with the bartender. After you had your first one you wanted more. You took about five more before I came to stop you. I came and told you that it was enough. You then hit me and said I was overreacting." I winced. I am a violent drunk.

"You asked for some tomahawk shots. I tried to stop you from downing all five but you threatened to cut some of my vital organs off and shove them into places I shall not mention." he said blushing out of embarrassment.

I was embarrassed for saying that. I started to chew on my finger nails. Anxious of what else he had to say. "When you  finished the shots, I carried you on my shoulder and took you upstairs. Even though you were pounding on my back with your fists, I still carried you up the stairs. When we got to my room, I tried putting you onto the bed but you held on and pulled me with you. I fell on top of you-"

"Did we get kinky?" I asked with eyebrows raised.

He gave me a blank look. "So back to where I was." he said rolling his eyes so far back all I could see was white. "I tried to get off but you wouldn't come off. I looked you in the eye and the next thing I know you kissed me.I know it sounds crazy but you did it." I smacked my palm onto my forehead as my cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

How could I have done that! I mean I kissed him. He is my best friend for Christ's sake. Hopefully he isn't pissed.

"I hope you're not angry at me. I mean I was drunk and all I didn't know what I was doing. I just hope that if you don't want to associate yourself with me, then it's ok." I said sadly.

"I want to keep being friends. Why wouldn't I? I know it might have been a mistake but I'm willing to forgive you." he said calmly.

"Oh thank you very much." I got up and went to his side of the table and gave him a big hug.

-

I had entered the lunchroom and found a seat. I sat down and pulled out a nice homemade chicken sandwich. I ate it up and walked to the football field.

Today, Ethan called me telling me that he was sick and couldn't make it to school.

I walked up to one of the empty benches and sat down. I took out my phone and checked my Instagram and twitter. When I saw that nothing was there to look for, I put my phone off and decided to do my homework that was due in the next two periods.

After I had finished classes, I had no hurry to go home since no one was home yet. I packed my things and was leaving when someone called my name. I turned around in shock. I thought I was the only one in the classroom.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday." he said.

"Ryan, just forget about it."

"No Amber, I can't." he said.

"Ok well, apology accepted." I said in a hurry. I began to walk away only to have my arm pulled.

"Ok well I wanted to say sorry. In my own way." he said leaning in.

His lips landed on mine. I stood there shocked. He grunted waiting for me to kiss back. I finally kissed back. His lips were warm and inviting the same way I remembered them. This kiss brought back so many memories of when we were 'together'. Ryan licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, I denied. He then bit my lip making me gasp. He took this chance and put his tongue in my mouth.

I pulled back gasping for air, we both were. He leaned his forehead on mine, breathing heavily.

"How was that for an apology?" he asked.

"Meh." I replied.

-

I was on my back on my bed facing the ceiling admiring the color white. I was thinking about everything. When Ryan kissed me, does that mean he still has feelings for me? Or was he just teasing me?

What about when Ethan forgave me for kissing him in my drunken state? Did he like it? Or did he just forgive me because he didn't want to see me get hurt?

"Ugh!" I groaned.

My head was now filled with unanswered questions.

~

Thank you once again for all the reads now I have over 2.25k!! Thank you!!