9

Amber

When he breaks the kiss I can't help it but blush. Now I know for sure that I like Ryan.

"Amber, can I maybe ... take you out? Like on a d-date?" he stammered.

"I... um-"

"It's ok. I know that I shouldn't have asked you that question. How stupid of me, maybe that's why people call me stupid, maybe-", this time I cut him off with a kiss. I was short but passionate.

"What I was going to say was... yes", I answered. I wide grin spreaded across his face.

"Oh thank God. I thought you would have said no", he let out a breath.

Later that afternoon, Ryan and I spent it watching chick flicks and action movies.  Until Ryan had to leave. He had explained to me that the date was on Monday evening and that he would pick me up at 7.

-

It was Monday. I woke up grinning. I can't remember when I last woke up grinning, on a Monday morning. I got up and changed into a casual outfit and made my way to the door. Not without planting a kiss on my brother's and mother's cheeks. I rushed out the door and made my way into my school.

I walked into the warm hallway and got to my locker where Becky was standing.

"Hey what's up with the grin?" she asked curiously.

"Oh nothing. Just someone has a date." I squealed out.

She looked at me as if I have another head. "Really? With who?"

"Guess... oh I can't hold it in Ryan." I said excitedly.

"As in Ryan Stiles?" she asked shocked.

"No Ryan Reynolds." I deadpan. "Of course. He asked me yesterday." I said.

"Hm. Ok." she finished. What crawled up her ass?

The lessons went pretty slow. I was in my seat practically waiting for the bell to ring.

'BRING' the bell went.  I was the first one out. I headed straight to the place where Ryan told me to meet him. Which was obviously the bleachers since he had football practice. I sat up on the chairs and watched the boys train. Ryan turned around and spotted me.  He shot a wink at me. Let me tell you that I almost died in my seat.

After lunch there were more classes. I silently wished for school to end so I could get ready for the date.

When all the classes had come to an end and school had ended, I bolted out of the class room and headed out to the parking lot. When I found Dylan's car I waited next to it waiting for him. 5 minutes later, Dylan arrived. He drove home in silence.

Once we reached home I raced up the stairs and into the shower. I took a long hot shower and got out. When I got out it was 6:30. So I still had some time.

I went to my closet and pulled out a lovely Halter dress and some black high Chelsea boots. I curled my hair and put on some lip gloss. When I was done it was 6:55. I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

"Bye mom. I'm going out!" I yelled as soon as I heard a honk. I walked out into our drive way and admired the boy in the driver's seat. His hair was gelled up backwards. And was wearing a black suit.

"Good evening my lady, why don't you look lovely this fine evening." he said in a British accent.

"Why thank you, I must say the same to you." I complemented him.

We giggled and he drove off. Once we were in the restaurant. We sat down at a table for two and ordered. Once our food came, we ate in silence. I felt like someone was watching me, so I looked outside the window. And I saw him.

~