15

Amber

I stood there with my mouth slightly agape.

"Hey." Ethan greeted Colton. "Amber you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

"Ethan, I didn't tell you because I don't have one." I assured him. I quickly shrugged  Colton's hand off my shoulder.

"Ok, so who is he?"he asked.

"Well Ethan. Meet Colton, my ex boyfriend. Colton meet Ethan a new student here and one of my close friends." I introduced themselves.

"Well nice to meet you Colton but, since you are in no relationship, I would like to walk this lovely lady home." Ethan said with a cheeky grin and dragged me off.

"Wait! Amber! I have to tell you something." Colton exclaimed.

"Piss off Colton." Ethan and I started laughing.

-

After my lovely long walk with Ethan, I said hello to my mother in the kitchen and helped her with dinner.

"So honey how was school?" she asked cutting up cabbage.

"School was Amazing! I met this boy. He is new in school. He is very nice, and may I add that he is very very attractive." I said.

"Well it seems like you really enjoyed school today." she stated. A few minutes into our conversation, Dylan joined in looking all healthy.

"Hello big bro. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"How I feel? I feel better than ever." he grinned. When mother, Dylan and I had finished off with the cooking, we sat down and ate.

We ate in complete silence. The only notice you could hear was the scraping of cutlery against the plates.

When we finished eating, I placed my dish in the sink and headed up to my room. I leaped onto my bed like superman, well superwoman. I checked my phone and saw that I received a message from an unknown number.

Hey. How are you?

Hey? Sorry but who are you?

That just breaks my heart. You don't remember me?

If I did I wouldn't be asking you. Would I?

No. no you wouldn't. Well let me give you a hint, I walked you home.

It clicked in my head.

Ethan! Sorry didn't recognize you. P.S how did you get my number?

That doesn't matter. But I forgive you

Thank you.

After that we continued chatting until my eyes felt heavy and I drifted off to deep sweet slumber.

-

I woke up pretty early. I got dressed in ripped denim blue shorts, a white 'killin it' crop top, a black and white flannel and maroon vans. I got a ride from Dylan.

When we reached the school building, I gave Dylan a kiss on the cheek and scrambled off the seat and out of the car in search for Ethan. When I spotted him, I gave him a great big hug from behind.

"Hello!" I shouted into his ear.

"Well hello to you too." he said laughing.

"I missed you."

"We did see each other yesterday, but alright." he said. We walked into our first class which was math. Luckily, Mr. Stephen was out sick with the flu. Thank God. Seems like everyone was getting the flu nowadays. Strange.

Since he was out sick, we had a substitute. Another lucky thing for us was that he had no idea on what we were learning but we convinced him that we were revising for an upcoming test. Him being him, he believed it.

-

Our first classes were over, so we went to the cafeteria for lunch. Ethan and I sat together. The whole time we were talking I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned around and found Ryan shooting daggers at me.

I gave him a confused look asking him why he was angry. He nodded over to Ethan. I gave him a reassuring smile and mouthing were only friends and he nodded.

I turned my attention back to Ethan and continued our conversation.

Ethan and I were walking down the hallway when Ryan came and stood in front of Ethan.

"Who do you think you are hanging out with her?" he said.

"Well she is my friend after all." Ethan replied.

"Don't be smart with me."

"I can't deny what I am."

"That's it." Ryan threw a punch directed to Ethan's perfect face- wait what. Ethan went straight onto the floor. I run up to his side checking for bruises when Ryan came up to me pulled me back by my hair and threw me on the floor. I squealed.

I tried to break the fight but he kept pushing me away.

The sad thing is that Ryan is way stronger than me and also I had to watch every single punch and kick thrown at Ethan. Finally a teacher came a separated the fight. In tears, I ran straight to Ethan's side. After all that happened Ryan still came and tried to talk to me, I flipped him off and told him to piss off.

I helped Ethan to his feet "Do you want to go to the nurse?" I asked.

"No, I am fine." he said spitting blood onto the plastic tiles.

"Ethan, look at you! You have blood all over. Plus you can't even walk straight!" I shouted.

"Just please. Please just take me to my house." he begged. I carefully helped him to his car and drove to his house with his directions.

When we arrived in his driveway, I helped him out, into his house, up the stairs and into his room. I put him safely onto his bed.

"Where is the first aid kit?" I asked.

"It's in the bathroom. First drawer on the top." he explained pointing to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and got the first aid box. I went back into his room and opened it. I immediately found the spirit and gentian violet. I took it out and applied it onto the bruises and cuts. As I thought I was done Ethan showed me one more.

"Wait there is one more." he then took off his shirt carefully and I saw a big bruise on the side of the stomach. I couldn't help but stare at his tan and toned six packs.

As I was applying the medicine I felt a pair of eyes on me so I looked up. I saw his staring at me. I blushed. I looked into his eyes. He leaned forward and I tensed up. I quickly cleared my throat and got up. "Well it looks like I'm done, just put some ice on that ok." I said.

"Yes and thank you." he said a little embarrassed from our little moment.

That was very awkward.

~