22

Amber

I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight that was shining out of the windows. I had no memory of what happened yesterday. I slowly got up and a pain shot through my head. I hissed and got out of bed. I walked up to my door and opened it, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

I got out a glass, filled it up with water and got some Advil. I drank the Advil down with the glass of water and sat on the island counter. All the images of what happened yesterday began to flood in.

"Oh shoot!" I placed a hand to my forehead. "Ethan's never going to forgive me." I jumped off the counter and  ran up the stairs- ignoring the pain shooting through my head- in two's. I entered my room and immediately got to my phone.

Ethan

I took another sip of my cup of coffee out of my favorite mug. I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of what happened with Amber yesterday. She may have confessed her feelings for me or maybe it was the alcohol but, she still said it. I'm not going to lie but I did think she was very pretty and she deserves better than Ryan.

The sound of a notification coming through my phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I opened the text message.

Hey Ethan, I know you might be angry or upset with me about yesterday but I just wanted to apologize. I was drunk but not drunk enough to forget what happened so hope you can forgive me

Amber xx

I re-read the message again and again to confirm that what I read was real. I remembered the kiss it was soft and sweet not sloppy like others. Amber was and is  my best friend, being honest here I cannot deny that I might have some sort of attraction towards her more than a friend but I was questioning it. I quickly replied.

It's ok I understand that you were drunk. Don't worry about it xx

I put my phone down and returned to my coffee. I took a sip, grimacing because it was now lukewarm. I poured it out in the sink and walked into the living room. I was home alone. Although it was a Sunday, mum had gone to work a shift for a woman who had apparently gone into labour. I had asked her why she had to go and not someone else. She just replied with a 'it's worth it. I'll get the extra pay' I just nodded and watched her leave.

Dad was in a business meeting. He always was. Maybe I was exaggerating, but I never saw him that much anymore he always had somewhere to go. Either he had to do a presentation for someone famously known for something or, he had a meeting with someone across the world. Now it was mostly mum and I.

I watched tv for the rest of the day until mum came we had dinner and I was off to bed for school tomorrow.

-

I walked into the crowded hallway with my cup of coffee in my hand. Today was Monday. I hated Mondays. I walked to my locker finishing the leftover coffee in my hand before tossing it into a nearby garbage can. I got my books I needed for the day and shoved them into my bag. The first period I had was free so I began to put on my headphones to listen to some music when I bumped into someone.

I looked up and frowned. It was Ryan. "Look where you're going idiot." he scoffed.

"You look where you're going asshole." I spat back. He look at me in a distasteful manner and bumped his shoulder with mine and walked off. Talk about dramatic. I walked outside into the sunshine before making a detour back inside. I hated the sun in the morning it was always too hot.