The Daydreamer - Chp 35 [The Best Day]

~Now I know why all the trees change in the fall/I know you were on my side even when I was wrong/And I love you for giving me your eyes/Staying back and watching me shine/And I didn't know if you knew so I'm taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today~

The next day was the most simplest and yet the most beautiful day possible, a day of just us. A J n E Day.

It started with breakfast in bed at an attempt at scrambled eggs, in the end Jace gave up and made me toast as I giggled away.

We ended up unpacking and tinkering around the house like a married a couple. Jace had left me unpacking my books to mow the lawn. After a constant internal battle I sighed facing my books instead of perving on Jace mowing the lawn. I think I was coming down with a cold. At first my mind wandered to Jace mowing the lawn topless glistening in sweat, and the hormones inside me begged me to run outside to watch. Keeping onto the last strand of my dignity I opened the first box of books and was pulled under and away.

The bad thing I was discovering was that I wasn't packing them but rather reading them. I'd open to the best parts; usually the confessions of love, or the intense scenes where everything happens (the climax), and at last the resolutions and the walking off into the sunset moment, usually the last couple chapters and hundred or fifty pages. Being a daydreamer made it impossible to read stories with sad endings, though I did have the odd biographies with those types of endings.

After getting to the end I'd pause and savior it, before I used to always crave whilst savoring it; wishing it was me. Now reading them I still sighed and held it to my heart but I didn't crave, I had a story of my own.

***

"Man I- Whoa you unpack fast." Jace said mockingly halting as he entered. I stretched over the piles and swatted his ankle which in end knocked over a pile. I scowled at Jace's ankle as if it was his entire fault.

I usually organized shelves by genre than by height than author. It was a weird, picky and complex way but these guys were my babies! These guys were my escape and what saved me, my pride possessions!

"Damn Emmy how many books you got?" I blushed as he hadn't seen me pack my books the other day, as I had intended.

"A few." I mumbled.

Jace chuckled "I'm going to do a couple other jobs, let's see if you improve over the next hour or so." He mocked.

***

"Spot the difference?" I asked smugly as he came in another hour later, my piles more accordingly stacked on the floor and the boxes finally empty.

He looked bemused "Am I supposed to?" I rolled my eyes, the headway only obvious to me.

***

It was growing darker within the room that I'd been restrained in as I put the last book on the shelf from a pile and turned to see only two piles left.

Jace sighed coming back in and collapsing on the floor exhausted, I ran over and tackled him as we both laughed. I sneezed and Jace sighed "Even your sneeze is adorable." He said voice melted and mesmerized. I blushed as he sat me down on the floor sighing dramatically "I'll do this." He said going to the last two piles.

***

"No, that first, no, yes. There. Okay, done." I declared from the floor directing as Jace stubbornly insisted he finish it.

He huffed "Who knew book stacking could be so hectic." I giggled on the floor and Jace watched obviously amused.

"Why did it take you so long?" he accused incredulously obviously enjoying teasing me.