The Daydreamer - Chp 4 [Breathless]

~That when you feel the world is crashing all around your feet/Come running headlong into my arms/Breathless/I'll never judge you/I can only love you/Come now running headlong into my arms/Breathless~

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror at ten to ten the next morning. I was analyzing every angle of my body. I wanted to be pretty, beautiful like Jace's photo of me. Standing there I was so unsure of how to look or what to do.  

Who was I kidding how could I pull it off? Me, beautiful?  

Sighing I chucked on a pair of skinnies, a pair of boots and a gray sequined singlet that sparkles softly. I left my hair out as usual and put in my big hoop earrings. I coated my lashes and dabbed my lips with balm and grabbed my purse.  

"Sparkle sparkle." I muttered to my reflection.  

Turning I made my way down the hall shouting out my goodbye to Mamma and attempting to simmer my nerves. My heart smashing through my chest, my palms clammy and my breath caught.  

I stepped outside the breeze mild and refreshing, the sun warming and caressing my exposed shoulders and face. Glancing up I beamed as I met eyes with Jace who sat waiting in his Ute, the window down. Instantly feeling reassured and whole, which sounded so corny, though I knew every bit of it was the truth, I walked over to him my arms swinging my grin still big.  

Walking over to his window I bent down to his eye level "Hi."

It was like being winded, a kick in the guts except replace the pain with a breathless exotic feeling.  

Her overwhelming scent of strawberries washed over me as I blinked at her. My heart thundering and my eyes unable not to run all over her beautiful body, her brown eyes wide with excitement. I swallowed harshly drawing my eyes back up to hers and leaving them there knowing that if I looked down further I'd see down her top.  

I bit back a moan and clenched my thighs with my hands until I went numb "Morning." I managed smoothly.  

She smiled making me smile as usual "What are we doing today?" she asked obviously pleased and excited. I felt a rush of pleasure that it was me creating this happiness.  

"I have an idea." I murmured "I thought of it whilst driving over here." Lie; I'd been thinking of Em since I dropped her off; of this, of her in bed beside me cuddled up against me hard... I clenched my thighs tighter.  

She giggled "Didn't get lost?" she said her smile devilishly cheeky. My nails dug into my skin harder. God she was torturing me, so unaware of what I wanted to do.... FOCUS! I just chuckled unable to answer without it being strangled. She pursed her lips "Anyways." God kill me "What was your idea?" she asked furrowing her brow innocently.  

"Uh" I struggled "Rock, Paper, Scissors." I blurted, she sexily raised a single brow; I was bruising my thigh now "Yeah." I choked covering it up with a weak laugh "Whoever wins gets to plan the day and the spot light is on them. All questions to them." I said surprised I managed that much. She bit her bottom lip; I shivered tearing my gaze from her and lamely pretended to be adjusting the AC. This was utter torture, murder, surely this was illegal.  

"Ready?" she asked pulling me back to her. She was holding up her hand a gesture of agreement to my idea and being ready to battle.  

Was she ready for the ride I wanted to give her?  

I swallowed harshly "Paper, Scissors, Rock." We chanted.  

I smiled as she went rock and I scissors. Victory is sweet.