The Daydreamer - Chp 26 [Fearless]

~And I don't know how it gets better than this/You take my hand and drag me head first Fearless/And I don't know why/But with you, I'd dance in a storm in my best dress/Fearless~

"Ow shit, ow!" Jace cursed jumping up and down as I walked into the kitchen having just crawled out of bed. His face twisted as he held onto the bench for stability.

I frowned "What you do?" I asked walking towards him making him jump startled.

He snatched me up before I could even get close and walked or more wobbled over to the kitchen table. He sat me down on the table and as he pulled back he winced shifting his weight.

"Jace what the hell is wrong?" I asked anxiously grabbing his hand.

He hesitated but seeing my glare he spilled "I have glass in my foot."

I gasped in a mixture of concern and laughter; the big bad wolf had glass in his foot? I slid off and hastily he grabbed my wrist stopping me. "Relax Jace; I'm getting the first aid kit."

He paused and then nodded "It's in the cabinet above the fridge." He said letting go of me so I could make my way over. "Be careful of the glass." He said anxiously as I rolled my eyes; I wasn't a baby. "Em." He warned, sighing I made him happy by watching where I trod as I made my way over.

Standing on my toes I reached for the first aid kit and I could hear Jace groan my name. I shot a glance at him; he was holding onto the table his eyes clenched shut tight so he couldn't see my freely naked body. Giggling I walked back over to him as he watched me his eyes roaming over every inch of my body.

"Foot up baby." I teased patting the table. He sat himself down on the chair and propped his foot up chuckling. I watched him for a moment confused before glancing at the pad of his foot to find nothing; it was fully smooth and clear. I furrowed my brow confused thinking it was some stupid joke. Jace's chuckling made me look up at him frowning some more "Is this a joke?" I asked raising my brow as he smirked not answering. Annoyed I slapped the pad of his foot and he hissed making me pause; good actor or have I screwed up? "Jace?" I pleaded for the truth.

His face softened, "My skins already healed over the glass, that's why it hurts so much." He said slightly through his teeth.

I gasped "How are you going to get that out?" I asked my eyes wide.

"You are going to cut open my foot." Instantly I stepped back. "C'mon Em, you can do it. It won't hurt, I promise. Please." He pleaded still seeing my warily look at his foot. I heaved a huge sight that hurt and steeped forward. Jace held out a knife "Here."

I looked at it for countless moments "Maybe-"

"Em baby please." He urged.

Shakily I took the blade and as soon as it sat in my hands and I drew it close to his skin I dropped it jumping away. "I can't do it! I can't be like him!" I cried feeling sick.

Jace's eyes grew with understanding and alarm and he pulled me onto his lap his skin ceasing my shaking, he held me fiercely as if my memories wouldn't be able to get through. But they did, as all I could hear in my head was "Now the smile." His voice gleeful and taunting. I shook my head trying to shake it off. "I can't. I don't want to be...No, I don't want to." I cried.

Hastily Jace grabbed my face making me look at me him though the pooling tears that bubbled in my vision. "I love you." He whispered randomly. It wasn't until my body relaxed by those words did I understand his random words; they ceased my crying and fears. He kissed me softly and briefly and when he pulled back I just pulled him back to me and my lips.