The Daydreamer - Chp 42 [Cold As You]

~Oh, what a shame/What a rainy ending given to a perfect day/Just walk away/No use in defending words/That you will never say/And now that I'm sitting here/Thinking it through/I've never been anywhere cold as you~

I sat back in my seat, my heart kicking up a gear in jitters. Hush, you’re just nervous I soothed myself as I sat back awkwardly. I didn’t know what to do with myself as I didn’t want to crease my dress or hair yet I knew later on tonight I wouldn’t care in the slightest. So I settled in lost in thought as my eyes began to trace the details of the lilies in my hands my fingers itching to sketch.

It was instincts that told me to glance up and what I saw put me on edge. We hadn’t turned down the other fork. We were heading for the front gate. Away from the wedding. I laughed nervously telling myself it was a simple mistake though deep down I knew otherwise. Who went in a limo by themselves?! I felt like kicking myself.

“Uh, you missed the turn.” I said looking out the back windows that were tinted dangerously dark. The huge interior suddenly highly daunting and extensively eerie, and lonesome.

I looked up the front catching the drivers eye in the review mirror “Told you you had a big day in front of you.” He said a slow and dark smile growing into his face to reveal eerily white teeth. I didn’t know this guy but his formal, sophisticated accent that was likekitten purring combined with his perfected appearance, even if his dirty blonde hair was messy, or his eyes were of violet, he was suddenly too perfect and too damn scary. Goosebumps rose across all of my skin as my breath hitched. “You didn’t think daddy would let you walk down the aisle alone now did you?” he taunted flashing a dangerous smile. He reminded me of a sly fox niggling at his prey.

I was the prey.

Without hesitation I threw myself at the door to find it locked, my hands clawed at the door hastily and pathetically. I cried a terrorized cry and punched the thick hard glass, the sound making and echoed thud but only leaving red marks on me coupled with a thrum of protest from my bones. I tried the door again praying for a miracle as I sobbed uselessly.

I couldn’t believe it; he had found me, on my wedding day! Since when did he have helpers such as my driver anyways?

Crying a desperate sob I palmed the window with such force that my wrist snapped with a sickening crack and I screamed, the pain nothing major compared to my past but since it was such a long time since I had experienced such pain it beat me down easily. And yet worse was to come. He wasn’t even here yet.

I realized what was to come as I cradled my limp broken wrist in my lap and the driver chuckled darkly in the front, I was to face him and worst of all I was to die. I was trapped. So I did the only thing left to do.

I reached out for Jace.

Before a blink of an eye I found myself at my old home before Em came into my life. My wolf growled as I allowed my wolves instincts to take over fully and instantly I set off scanning the area. Kurt wasn’t here yet but he’d be here soon, I was pushing my limits to extreme levels.

[Guys an update] my father’s voice entered my mind as my nose continued around the house, Kurt’s smell nearby. [A late guest past the limo, it turned right away from town. Meet us at the front gate and we’ll follow its scent.] Dad ordered and with that he was gone.

Padding down the steps strawberries bombarded me.

[JACE!]

My whole stance tensed, frozen in place as her scream entered my mind. [Em baby where are you?!] I demanded my heart sighing slightly knowing at least she was conscious. I was too frightened and panicked to even be shocked by the connection.

[I don’t know….I love you.] Her voice a small whisper.

I growled again as Kurt and I ran to the front gate following the road and it’s scent, it was difficult when there were millions of scents from millions of vehicles. [No.] I growled. [You are not giving up yet. Stay here, just talk to me.] I ordered her.

[Remember you promised Jace; that if you lose me, when you lose me, you won’t lose yourself. Remember that.]

My speed increased as my heart crumbled. [No.] I whimpered. If she had lost faith I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t keep composed much longer knowing if she herself had given up. I needed her.

[Don’t come Jacey…it’s too late, he’s won. You won’t get there in time, besides; you promised me you wouldn’t let yourself get hurt.] Her voice was soft, almost emotionless. She had given up already, for me.

The more I synced in to her feelings the more a sharp pain pierced through my wrist. [What did they do to your wrist?] I demanded sharply through my teeth. There was a long pause and I held my breath. [Em.] I pleaded in a cry, my voice breaking, again.

[I love you.]

And with that it cut off and I lost it, my emotions so chaotic that my woves front legs temporarily turned to my human hands and back again to paws. Kurt noticing it eased up sending some message ahead that I hadn’t heard. I couldn’t hear it over my wolves murderous rage.

I flew, my body rippling and transforming back to human as I hit the ground my land momentarily slicing my skin. I got up panting as I dragged myself on. All I could think was no, this couldn’t be it, it just couldn’t. I could feel the anger bubbling red within me coursing through my views. Then I broke. “FUCK YOU ANGUS! I'M FUCKING GONNA BURRY YOU ALIVE!” I roared.

And with that I tore off back in wolf form.

I was going to prove to everyone that miracles existed, to Emmy that there was such a thing as happily ever after.

________________________
Click the external link for my Facebook page
So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx
-------------------------------------
All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©
-------------------------------------