The Daydreamer - Chp 45 [Last Kiss]

~I never thought we’d have a last kiss~

My legs pushed me beyond the point of imaginable as we tracked the scent to the old reform school, the place having been deserted since the late 1800’s. The place was a good thirty kilometers or more away in the middle of nowhere, the terrain rough not making it any easier. So by the time we all halted outside the iron gates and stone fence I was far from patient to wait and talk tactics. I jumped on the spot eager and beyond panicked as they discussed the style of ambush.I had no idea what they expected as after all it was Angus, he didn’t even know about the fantasy world. It would be a synch.

The plan was to follow me where I'd follow the tug towards Em which was becoming difficult with the amount of Em’s pain coursing through me which escalated my anger. I was beyond bloodlust. As a result to keep focused I let my wolf seize me entirely my senses enhanced and thoughts animalistic with no trace of humanity behind it.

Three of the boys followed me on my flanks whilst the rest scouted the area in the shadows. The area was deserted no limo or person in sight. My link was telling me forward so we continued.

In union we all halted growling murderously; vampire.

[We’ve underestimated him; keep your eyes peeled and alert.] Dad ordered as we continued on our wolves fully running the show.

In one quick flash chaos erupted.

A lit arrow fell at my feet and by the door that led to Emmy stood Jez. A commotion of gasps echoed around as before us we saw true colors shine through. [You bastard!] I growled at him the boys backing me up with a union of angry growls. Jez smirked drumming his fingers across his folded arms pleasantly.

[Why?] Kevin, Kane’s dad, asked stunned having known Jez more than anyone of us.

Jez smirked having the ability to hear our questions, his blessing from his creator. His eyes turned to me my thoughts not even on this discovery but the person behind that door. Jez’s eyes lit with recognition. “Ah Jace.” He sighed pleasantly. I growled.

[Jez step out of the way.] Kurt growled through his teeth slowly, his hackles vibrating.

Jez cackled “Oi Indigo!” he called out to me. My eyes turned back to him in recognition. “Your mate sure does scream when you hit that spot you know?” I cringed my wolf growling ferociously. Jez smirked. “Or maybe you haven’t hit that spot…” he taunted.

That struck a spot.

The next thing I know I was running forwards my one aim in life to kill the filthy traitor. I was seeing blood red, thick and heavy sitting in my chest as I pushed myself beyond potential. Everything in myself feeling as if I was flying and out of my control as growls and grunts of pure hate left my throat.

With a snap of Jez’s finger a flux of vampires charged out with the odd were rogue, blocked my way to Jez. Without hesitation I took the first strike, my strike breaking the silence and creating a battle cry as we all met in the middle, my body finds a neck and snapping it in seconds before finding the second and third and many more. Jez stood back watching the war before him unfold chaos, blood and death. The smile never wavering.

[Dad] I growled snapping the neck of a rouge, my eyes still on Jez as he watched me happily, taunting me. My blood curdled and boiled. [Call for back up!] I cried before dodging between a gap and stepping through.

A vampire tackled me down before I had the chance to blink but Kurt was there his teeth around its neck chucking it into the fire of bodies still alive, the fire already started and piling high. The burning of fresh flesh filled my nose creating no satisfaction to me yet a disruption to the vampires. [Go! Go get her!] Kurt bellowed pushing me out of my daze.