The Daydreamer - Chp 40 [Sweeter Than Fiction]

~Seen you fall, seen you crawl on you knees (eh, eh)/Seen you lost in a crowd, seen you colors fade/Wish I could make it better/Someday you won't remember/This pain you thought would last forever and ever/There you stand, ten feet tall/I will say, "I knew it all along"/Your eyes are wider than distance/This life is sweeter than fiction~

It was bucks night tonight meaning the wedding was tomorrow. Everything was settled apart from this party and honestly I wasn’t worried about spending tonight without Jace because he needed a night out like mine to have fun and well tomorrow I'd be walking down the aisle. I couldn’t wait!

Jace however was worried. We were on his parents’ front porch alone as he hesitated. I was staying tonight here as the wedding was at home meaning I couldn’t exactly be getting ready at the venue exactly with Jace just down the hall. Temptation would strike. So I and my bridesmaids were here whilst the males were staying at home with Jace helping set up. Which was mostly already done as it was around eight and dark and there was a party to attend.

“Jace.” I said making him look at me as he ran his hands through his hair. “Have fun, relax, for me?” I asked. He sighed before nodding heavily. I pulled him to me giving him a kiss. “I'll see you tomorrow morning.” I whispered as I pulled back.

He smiled “Can’t wait.” He beamed running his fingers along the side of my face. “Night.” He whispered.

I smiled softly in the summer nights’ breeze “I love you.” I whispered.

He smiled before taking down two steps than stopping. He ran back up them to me and I giggled as he kissed me, his kiss loving, passionate and yet reluctant; he didn’t want to leave, to spend the night away. I pulled back turning my head, his lips pressed to my temple as my unsteady breath filled the quiet night. “I love you my beautiful baby girl.” He whispered before leaving down the stairs.

***

I found myself in Jace’s old room that night watching ‘Friends’ as I laid out on his bed. I was exhausted and yet anxious, not because of the wedding but because I had to get to sleep, alone, and most likely to face my father in this dream, hence little sleep. It was scaring me and I was resisting sleep.

The house was practically silent, all asleep and those that were still awake downstairs. My bunch of ‘mothers’ had forced me to bed hrs ago after a huge cleansing shower and wash.

It was as I sat singing the opening song to ‘Friends’ happily, even doing the clap, softly, that a great big brown wolf jumped in through my window landing on the floor with a soft and graceful ‘thud.

I blinked at it for multiple moments before smiling, wide. “Shhh.” I giggled pressing a finger to my lips, he twitched his head on an angle, it looked like he was smiling but wolves couldn’t smile right?

The laughter of Phoebe bought me back to reality and I narrowed my eyes at him “You are supposed to be out having fun not babysitting.” He rolled his big green eyes so I replied by rolling my own. “I'm not talking to you.” I huffed turning to face the TV and ignoring him. Maybe he’d give up and go back to his own buck’s night that he was avoiding.

Time flew by as I became absorbed back into the comedy of ‘Friends’ as I laughed. I had forgotten Jace until he nuzzled into my cheek, his nose wet. I crinkled up my nose turning my back to him.

Suddenly two arms wrapped around me forcing me back around to face them as I struggled uselessly. I narrowed my eyes as I turned to be practically in Jace’s arms. He smiled. And that was when I realized he was naked. “God Jace do you want to leave this room at all?” I cried. He chuckled low and sexy as he just watched me, his hands still wrapped around my wrists. “Jace you’re supposed to be at your party.” I said through my teeth.

He smiled “I'm going back, I just wanted to check on you.” He said seriously.

“And you have, so now you can go.” I said pushing him towards the edge of the bed and window, unsuccessfully. I huffed “Fine, you can stay until I fall asleep.”  I allowed knowing the main reason he was here was because of my dreams. He watched me calculating before agreeing with a smile knowing it was as much as I'd allow. “Promise?” I asked

He nodded “I promise baby girl.”

I reached over in the dark room bar the glow from ‘Friends’ and grabbed the sleeping pills I had planned on using and swallowed them praying they’d have an effect. Jace watched me with disapproval but said nothing; he had promised. I pulled back and buried myself deeper back into the bed and watched ‘Friends’.

Jace dove under the sheets too pulling me to him and kissing my temple. I melted in against him in his arms, my plan to be strong failing as I curler in against him. “See you tomorrow morning baby, I love you.” He whispered.

I sighed sinking deeper into sleep before gradually the pills, ‘Friends’, and Jace pulled me under and away.

________________________
Click the external link for my Facebook page
So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx
-------------------------------------
All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©
-------------------------------------