The Daydreamer - Chp 23 [Sparks Fly]

~Drop everything now/Meet me in the pouring rain/Kiss me on the sidewalk/Take away the pain/'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile/Get me with those green eyes, baby/As the lights go down/Something that'll haunt me when you're not around/'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile~

My whole body grew dead still, my jaw ajar, Jace himself was stiff and frozen as both Mamma and my Aunt chuckled at our expressions. I couldn't think nor move all my thoughts muddled. "Pack?" I managed to squeak. "I don't-I don't know what you're talking about." I stammered.

My Aunt smiled warmly "It's alright dear we know. Seriously did you think we'd be alright with your engagement to Jace otherwise at how quick you guys are moving?" My Aunt questioned laughing. That did make me smile slightly; a least they weren't negligent and stupid carers.

"How do you guys know though?" I asked rubbing Jace's hands so he would relax and come back to me. He relaxed awoken and kissed my hair telling me he was here. I gasped "Am I-?"

My Aunt held up her hands talking over top of me "No we aren't. We are humans. I always said you should be a writer." She said chuckling.

"Well how?" I persisted.

That made her sigh her face falling which frightened me. "Baby you know that time I went to a teachers conference in another town?" she asked. I nodded remembering how I locked all the doors and turned all the lights on that night even though I was sixteen. I was afraid of him. I still am. "Well I met someone...a were." She said her voice small and fragile that I wanted to embrace her and ease it all.

I gasped connecting the dots "Who is he? What happened to him?" I asked smiling happy for her. Until I realised that it was over two years ago and that here she sat broken and alone. I swear if he hurt her...

"I said no. That I didn't feel the same way." A lie I could easily tell.

"Lilly why would you lie?" I cried.

She looked at her toes "Because it would have put you in danger. I wasn't lying Em when I said you come first before anything or anyone else. I know moving and living or being near weres wasn't safe for you as you were scared of a human let alone werewolves and the supernatural and I couldn't lie to you. I had to focus on you and getting you out of your shell."

Without knowing it I had flung myself at my Aunt embracing her tightly as she cried against me. "I can't believe you did that for me." I said shocked as she cried. "I could have a cousin by now!" I cried. She laughed miserably. "I still can!" I enthused my mind spiralling into fantasies of my Aunt rocking up on his door step and him moulding her to him and... My Aunt was right; maybe I should become a writer.

"It's too late." She sobbed wiping at her eyes. I pulled back to look at her carefully "When he told me who he was, what he was I called Mamma and told her." I had forgotten Mamma's silent presence in the room as I quickly glanced over my Aunt's shoulder at her. "She told me to do what I thought was best so I-" she chocked "I told him I was in love with someone else." My eyes grew in horror as I embraced her again as we both cried. "It's too late." She gasped again.

"Lilly you shouldn't have." I whispered.

She shook her head fiercely "I don't regret it, not a cent. Maybe I could have told him something else but then he wouldn't have let go. But I don't regret it. You come first honey." She said brushing the hair from my eyes. "I knew what Jace was the moment I saw you two together. The way you guys act, Jace acts, it was just like him." She said her voice breaking. She looked over my head towards Jace. "You've looked after my baby, please don't ever stop." She whispered.

Jace's warmth spilled into me as he crouched down beside us, looking at me he wiped my tears away. "Never." He whispered looking at me with so much love I thought it would blow me away.