The Daydreamer - Chp 32 [Superman]

~I watched superman fly away/You've got a busy day today/To save the world I'll be around/I watched superman fly away/Come back I'll deal with you someday/I'll be right here on the ground/When you come back down~

From there on in my anxiety simmered and it was replaced by glee and excitement and we discussed wedding thoughts. I was male and I was getting excited, I was suddenly fretting over my sexuality.

The drive took about two and a half hours which was alright; we had set off at about ten thirty so we'd get there a bit after lunch.

As we grew closer to her past I grew anxious and angered; what was I thinking?! This was utterly stupid, madness. Why did I love to create trouble?

Sensing my mood Em leant across and picked up my hand tracing along my veins her touch electrocuting me beautifully.

I sighed softly hating myself as every second we grew closer. Em glanced up feeling my emotions, "Jace you have to trust me, it's going to be okay." She soothed kissing my knuckles.

"I trust you...just not him." I murmured.

***

Pulling up at the house I dove out of the car instantly wanting to search the house first, it was difficult thought, how was I to smell out danger when I didn't know what scents were what? I didn't even know his scent, appearance, nothing. It was like a blind man going hunting.

Kurt was out too holding Lilly's hand thought his emotionless expression told me he was letting his wolf instincts take over.

I ran to Em's side and opened the door pulling her to me protectively "Jace are you wanting me dead? Cause at this rat you'll choke me!" She said choking strained. I loosened my death grip as slowly we made our way up the steps all silent and ears strained.

Stepping into the house Em gasped as we saw what damage he had actually caused.

We stood in a wide hallway, tables knocked over and vases smashed. Photo frames on the walls askew and torn and smashed, whilst others had been drawn over or smeared with some type of liquid.

To our right a door was opened and it leads to a lounge room. It looked nothing like Em's drawings, couches were tossed over, their padding torn out, the TV smashed on the ground, photo frames smashed and shattered, the rug kicked into a ball, curtains torn and multiple other items destroyed, glass shards scattering the floorboards. It reminded me of one of those CSI shows, the crime scenes.

Lilly gasped and Kurt pulled her into his chest, shielding her from her destroyed life, what she called home. Em met my gaze her eyes filled with amazement, confusement, sadness, and finally fear. It was Em's life too, her first safe haven and she was realizing it wasn't so safe.

It was as I was about to comfort her, drive away as fast as possible, that we heard it; the thud of someone and the scraping of heavy furniture scraping on floorboards.

We all tensed, out breaths held.

The scrape reached out ears and in an instant Kurt and I acted as we pushed the girls in the room. "Stay here!" I whispered yelled, closing the door on their faces.

Em slammed her hand on the door "Jace!" she cried angered "Let me out, now!" she demanded kicking the door.

Locking the door from the outside I strained my ears; all silent, he had heard us. "Fuck!" I cursed under my breath.

What was I thinking taking Em here!?

Kurt gestured me forward as we began to scope the house.

Trailing up the hall it led to the kitchen; broken plates and china covering the entire room's floor, draws opened and the fridge opened and empty, food scattered across the room like a pig's sty the smell making my nose wrinkle.