The Daydreamer - Chp 8 [A Perfectly Good Heart]

~Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?/Why would you wanna take our love and tear it all apart?/Now, why would you wanna make the very first scar?/Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?~

I got to the mall two hours earlier as I was in need for some gear, starting with some extra clothes.  

It was about three when I paused by the bra section. A deep purple bra and panties caught my eye and I couldn't help but halt.  

Jace and I had gotten pretty heated a couple times... I was already on the pill for other reasons than sex; I was a virgin. Even he hadn't stolen that from me.  

Giving in to the urge within me I headed to the change rooms. The changing room was deserted and the rooms were huge. Taking my time I slid on the set. They were comfortable, as if I was bare. I looked at my full figure reluctantly... Maybe they hid half or most of the scars I tried to persuade. I felt queasy at the thought of knowing what Jace thought of me underneath my clothes. I cringed; it couldn't be anything special or good. My hands trailed down my bare stomach covering scars across my body. I took a heavy breath I was going to buy this. It had to improve and cover up some of the ugly.  

"Emily honey." My head snapped up as there before me stood a girl my age.  

She was beautiful. She had legs and a bust, her hair was a banana blonde and she held piercing blue eyes her lips a deep shade of red. Besides her I felt weak and ugly.  

She looked at me in pity "It's Jace."  

My fear about her knowledge of my name and me standing before her practically naked vanished as soon as she said his name. "Is he okay?" I spluttered as my stomach clenched my lunch rising and my heart slowing. I had to remind myself to breathe.  

She looked at me with pity and a knowing smile "He's using you."  

I laughed humorlessly "And you are?" I asked pointedly.  

"One of his girls." It hurt. It hurt more than it should have. It was a stab as I chilled to the core.  

"One-one of his..." I stuttered unable to finish suddenly finding it hard to breathe and even stand.  

She nodded glumly "Sweetie he's done this all before."  

My eyes bugged wounded "But-but I'm his mate." I cried gesturing to my inflamed skin that showed our love...it was love right?  

She smiled with pity "I know and so is every other girl Jace Indigo sleeps with." She said pulling up her singlet to expose right where mine is an inflamed mark. My mouth hung ajar as I shook my head in disbelief. This can't be happening. "Honey" she said soothingly squeezing my shoulder softly her touch icy "It's all the same. He finds a girl declares her as his mate, uses her, you, than tosses her aside." I blinked my whole body heavy in disconnection. We were moving extremely fast. "There is no love." He hadn't even mentioned the 'L' word and yet I was his mate, isn't love instant for them?  

I heaved clutching my chest thinking of all those days. It couldn't be a lie...  

"What happens if I actually am his mate?" I asked suddenly holding on by a thread.  

She shrugged "In real life mates don't mean love. A mate can cheat on their mate with ease. No regrets, no ties."  

I swallowed harshly. Is that where he'd gone? Those missing hours, was there another girl he fooled around with? Was there actually a Miely?  

I hadn't heard from him... He hadn't stayed last night either to my disappointment.  

I was growing hysterical; I was heaving as I clutched my chest my lungs scorching as my naked and weak body shook.  

"I know honey." She said gently "But I thought I'd tell you before you get used and tossed aside. Besides you can't really think he'd like you? I mean you're human which to us is filth." Even her own voice showing the disgust.  

She stepped back to the door as her eyes raked over my body "If he could even bear the scars." And with that she vanished.  

I heaved as my legs buckled out from underneath me, salt searing along my face as I trembled. I could literally hear myself falling apart, my heart tearing into shreds.  

Males. They only seem to leave the haunting scars of abuse.

________________________
Click the external link for my Facebook page
So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx
-------------------------------------
All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©
-------------------------------------