Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

I turn off the camera right before someone knocks on the door. Placing my guitar back on the stand, I look over to see my twin brother poke his head in.

"Hey, I just finished" I say with a smile

"I know, I was listening" Hunter replies with a grin as he walks in and sits at the end of my bed. I chuckle, looking back at the recording on the computer. I open my YouTube and upload the file. As I wait for it to finish, I glance back at my brother who had a frown on his face.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"When are you going to tell people who you are? I hate that all you show is the guitar or piano," he complains.

"Never" I reply with a shrug. "I like it this way. No one can accuse me of trying to steal your fame." Hunter frowns and I know he felt guilty about it. I wished he wouldn't though. I was so proud of what he'd become. When we were little, we used to do everything together. We'd been the two little blond angels according to all our parent's friends. And despite the fact that fraternal twins didn't necessarily have to look alike, we had the same sky blue eyes and straw blond hair.

But looks and music is where the similarities had ended. He was always the type to make friends easily and had always been surrounded by a crowd of people. I'd been quieter, more content to stay in the shadows of his light. The difference became even more obvious at the end of our junior year of high school when Atlantic Records had signed him. Granted, he was a country singer, since we were from Nashville, so it wasn't everyone's taste. Despite this though, he'd been deemed the Bieber of country music and had become massively well known. I tried to stay out of it as much as possible. I didn't have a personal twitter or an Instagram or anything where his fans could follow me. I didn't like people trying to suck up to me to gain his attention. I wanted people to like me for me.

"So how many subs you got now?" he asks.

"Uhhh..." I reply, clicking on the 'My Channel' button. "About one and a half million." I didn't pay all that much attention to how many subscribers I had. The YouTube account hadn't even been my idea. Hunter had recorded me while hiding behind a corner as I'd played some Taylor Swift song a few years ago. He'd kept joking that I needed to put it up and finally I had in order to get him to stop after making him promise he wouldn't tell anyone it was me. At first, there'd only been a couple comments but eventually I'd posted more and more videos and the comments poured in. Like Hunter, I generally stuck to country songs but I'd done a couple others as well. Basically whatever I felt like doing. I used the account to express myself. He chuckles as he hears the amount of subscribers.

"And you don't even try" he muses. "I have 5 million on twitter and I do so much work. Can you imagine if you actually put out an album instead of just YouTube?" he jokes. And here we go again.

"I'm not going to tell" I say firmly.

"Come on" he whines. "I want everyone to know how talented my sister is."

"No" I answer. "I don't want to be famous. I don't want to be hounded by paparazzi. I don't want people waiting outside my door hoping for a glimpse of me," I say, gesturing at the curtained window, shielding them from the fans waiting across the street for her brother. He came home for a break after finishing his album and before beginning his latest tour ad of course fans camped outside the house. I barely left the house because of it. I didn't want to be photographed while I was home from school. Hunter felt terrible about it and had even talked about moving us to a ranch a couple hours away where we'd have more space and the house would be further from the road so fans wouldn't be able to bother us. My parents had said no though, they didn't want to take his money like that and were perfectly content in the house we'd grown up in.