Chapter 7

Louis’ POV

“It’s going to work” I say convinced.

“No. It’s not,” Harry argues. “She doesn’t want attention, why would she enter some stupid contest?”

“It’s not stupid,” I protest. I’d come up with an idea that I was sure would work and management would love. We’d make a contest where people can enter a cover of Little Things and then we’d pick 5 winners to sing a remake with us that we’d release on our next album as a bonus track. The fans would eat it up I knew, and we’d get tons of people entering. Management would love it because it would create hype around us. I also knew that if she entered, she’d be a winner. Not because we’d decide the winners or anything…

“Lou, I know you want to meet her, but if she doesn’t want to be discovered, why would she enter a contest that would be sure to show who she was?” Harry reasons and I frown slightly.

“Well no one else has to know, we don’t have to release the names of the winners, only their YouTube account names.”

Harry sighs, shaking his head. “Do what you like Lou. But don’t be mad when she doesn’t enter” I smirk with satisfaction. As long as I got the boys to agree to my plan, there wasn’t a chance of management saying no. I quickly dial up Will, our manager.

“Hey, I’ve got an idea to pitch”

An hour later, it’s all worked out. In a week we’d announce the contest on Radio 1 and post it on our website. It would be a worldwide contest with the top 5 videos getting to record with us. Doesn’t matter if it’s girls, boys, or groups. The contest would go on for a month before we announce the winners and then everyone will be flown to LA for a couple days over summer since we had a few open days there near the end of our tour. Everything fell together perfectly. I’d finally get to meet my mystery girl.

-------------

@Louis_Tomlinson: Tune into Breakfast w/ Grimmy. Got some big news!

I hit the tweet button, looking up at my tired band mates. It was finally the day, and despite it being so early, I was filled with energy. Zayn, however, looked like he was asleep on his feet.

“Hey mate, wake up” I say jokingly, giving his shoulder a shake. He stumbles slightly and I realize how tired he must actually be. He forces his eyes open and give a large yawn.

“Give him a break, he was up late talking with Em” Liam says. That’s right. His girlfriend is American. Maybe she knows Just_Me.

“Does Em know—“

“No” Zayn says cutting me off before I can finish my question. “Emily does not know your girl. Not all Americans know each other you know” he jokes. “She’s just as curious as to who she is as you are…well... maybe not quite as curious. I don’t think anyone cares as much as you do,” he adds with a laugh. The rest of us laugh also. He was probably right. My curiosity was driving me crazy. Nobody, including me quite understood why. It had Eleanor mad and our fans in FBI mode as they tried to dig up whatever information they could for me. Grimmy motions for us to be quiet as he hits a switch, putting us back on air.

“Welcome back. I’m here this morning with One Direction. I hear you have some big news for us today.” He begins, nodding at us for someone to begin speaking.

“Yea, we’ve seen all the pictures and covers our fans have made for us, and we want to do something to show how much we appreciate it” Liam begins. Of course he’d make it seem like this was all for them and not because I wanted it so bad. Good job Liam.