Chapter 48

Lauren's POV

The next counseling session was fairly uneventful. The counselor gave suggestions on how to deal with the jealousy without over reacting and also how to communicate better without it escalating to fights. Some of the suggestions just seemed ridiculous, but she seemed confident that they’d work. Things were getting better between the two of us. I’d even managed to convince Louis to call Logan and apologize. Granted, I’d practically had to hold the phone to his ear, but he’d said sorry in the end.

“So what’s the plan for tomorrow?” I ask, sitting cross-legged on the bed, watching as he moves around the room, getting ready for bed.

“Well we are meeting my family in the morning for brunch, then we’ll come back and celebrate with everyone.”

“Everyone?” I ask raising an eyebrow. “Everyone as in the boys, or everyone as in…”

“Everyone” he confirms. “It’s going to be big” he says with a smile as he slips under the sheets..

“Of course” I mutter under my breath. Of course it was going to be a huge event. Because we couldn’t do anything private. We had to do things that’ll get us papped.

“Hmm?” he asks, luckily not hearing me.

“Nothing” I say, forcing a smile and pressing a kiss to his cheek. If that’s what he wanted to do for his birthday then fine, I’d suck it up and deal. “So does this mean I have to dress nice?” I joke, resting my head on his shoulder and looking up at him.

“Not if you don’t want to. Hell, you could go naked if you wanted” he adds with a wink.

“Jeez. Is your mind ever out of the gutter?” I ask with a laugh, slapping a hand on his chest. He doesn’t say anything, just laughs as he kisses the top of my head and drifts off to sleep.

“What are you wearing?” Louis asks with a laugh the next morning as I come down the stairs.

“Oh shut up,” I snap, pulling down the pencil skirt a little more.

“You look like you’re off to a business meeting.”

“I want your family to like me.”

“What are you planning on doing? Drawing up a contract?”

“Well what am I supposed to wear then?”

“I dunno. Wear whatever you’d like,” he shrugs. “What about that one thing that I like? The blue one with the belt? Did you bring that one?”

“Yea, I left it here from last time.”

“Go put that one on, I like that one and it’s my birthday,” he says with a cheeky smile. I chuckle but nod my head, turning and heading back up the stairs. When I return back downstairs, Louis gives a nod of approval before ushering me out the door, to the cab. We were taking the train and meeting them in Leicester. A midway point between the two towns.

When we arrive at the restaurant, his family is already there.

“Louis!” the twins exclaim in excitement, jumping up from the seat and attaching themselves to his legs. He chuckles, looking down at them with a smile, hands resting on their backs.

“Happy birthday boobear,” his mom says warmly, leaning over the girls to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The twins release him and he turns to look at his other two sisters still sitting.

“What? No hugs for the birthday boy?” he teases and they jump up, giving him a hug.

“Nice to see you again, congratulations on graduating,” his mom says to me, surprising me with a hug, as the girls hug Louis.  “You look lovely. I’m glad you could make it to his birthday.”