Chapter 11

Lauren’s POV

The second Hunter and I got back to the car, I throw my head back laughing. I couldn’t believe it. I’d just been scolded for doing what he’d spent months trying to get me to do. It was priceless.

“So how long do you think it’ll take him to realize?” I ask as Hunter drives me back to my car.

“I give it 5 minutes” he replies with a grin. “Boy is he going to be kicking himself”

“What do you think he’ll do?” I ask with a grin. Hunter shrugs slightly.

“Probably throw a temper tantrum. Maybe try to rig another competition” he jokes. I chuckle, nodding my head.

“Well I’m done with competitions. You had your fun, now I’m done” I say, hopping out of his car when we reach the parking lot. “I’ll meet you back at your place” I tell him, getting in the car. He nods, driving out, with me following close behind. When I get back to his house, I head into the kitchen to make myself some food as Hunter plants himself on the couch.

“Hey can you make me a sandwich?” Hunter calls. I pause for a second, wondering if he’d asked that because of the stereotype or if he really wanted a sandwich. I peek back into the room to see him looking at me, a devilish look in his eyes. Yup, the stereotype. I head back into the kitchen and make myself a sandwich. After a few seconds of debating on whether to just not make him a sandwich or play a prank, I go for the latter. I rummage through his fridge, pulling out a variety of ingredients. Bread, Cream cheese, old turkey, pickles, hot sauce, lettuce, bread. Looks normal from the outside, but disgusting on the inside. I grab the two plates, dropping his in front of him as I walk to the other side of the couch and plop down.

“Loverboy tweeted me,” He says raising an eyebrow, grabbing the sandwich off the plate.

“Oh yea?” I ask, not really paying attention to what he was saying. I wanted to see him eat the sandwich.

“Mhm” he says, flipping his computer around so I can see.

@Louis_Tomlinson: @HunterHayes You two almost got me. Tell your sister it was nice to finally meet xx

And suddenly I didn’t care about Hunter choking on his rotten sandwich.

“No, no, no” I mutter under my breath as I quickly log onto my twitter to see another tweet from him.

@Louis_Tomlinson: @Just_Me Sorry for what I said. You could’ve told me

Shit. His fans weren’t stupid. Connections would be made. I click my mentions to see if they’ve started making it.

@1D4ME: Louis met @HunterHayes’s sister AND @Just_Me? Coincidence?

@MeganTomlinson: Anyone else think @Just_Me and @HunterHayes’ sister are the same person?

@1DUpdates: Everyone says @HunterHayes’ sister is @Just_Me bc no one saw her enter but Hunter and his sister did, yet Louis met Just_Me/Lauren

And then there were the photos. I’d been careful going in, keeping my head down and covered with the hoodie Hunter had brought me, but as we were leaving, I’d been too caught up in Louis’ mistake. They had gotten pictures of me with my head thrown back laughing. It was a quite clear shot. If my friends saw that… Shit.  Right on cue, my phone starts ringing.

“Hello?” I answer nervously.

“What the hell are you doing in pictures with Hunter Hayes?” Stephanie asks. “Peyton saw them on 1D twitter or something and sent them to me. What’s going on Tweetie?”

“I uhhh…” I start, looking at Hunter for help.

“What did you put in that sandwich?” he gasps, wiping his tongue.

“Is that him? Are you with him right now?” she yells and I wince, holding the phone from my ear.

“Steph there’s something I need to tell you.” I say.

“Save it. You didn’t tell me before, why bother telling me now” she snaps, hanging up the phone. Oh my god. What had I done?

Louis’ POV

I couldn’t believe I’d acted that way toward her. I’d spent months wondering who she was, planning what I’d say when I first met her, and the first thing I tell her is not to play with the expensive equipment. I was such a jerk.

“Hey, I saw Just_Me leave. Did you get the chance to talk to her?” Liam asks, walking into the empty recording studio.

“You knew what she looked like?” I ask, surprised.

“Max pointed her out,” Liam explains with a shrug. “So did you talk to her?” I blush, ducking my head.

“Yea” I say sheepishly, before explaining the whole meeting.

“Wow” he says with a laugh as we get back to the lounge where the rest of the boys were hanging out with the band

“Yea” I say rubbing the back of my neck with a small shrug. “I felt really bad about the whole thing. I tried to find her actual account on twitter but I didn’t find anything so I tweeted her brother and her Just_Me twitter to apologize. Liam freezes as he looks at me.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? Won’t that give away who she is?”

“It was two separate tweets,” I say defensively, even though I know he’s right. I pull out my phone and delete the tweets, but it looks like the damage was done. The fans had already made the connection.

“What did you do Boobear?” Harry asks in confusion as his eyes scan his computer. He’s soon surrounded by the rest of the boys besides Liam as they try to figure out what I’d done.

“You didn’t…” Niall says, the first to make the connection.

“He did” Liam confirms.

“I thought this was the girl that didn’t want to be found” Josh says confused.

“She doesn’t” Harry says with a frown, glancing up at me and making me feel worse.

“Well has she responded yet?” Zayn asks, typing in her twitter name. His eyebrows furrow and I walk over to see him scrolling through the search for her name. “I can’t find her,” he says.

“Here just type it into the top” I say, adding her username to the twitter part to take us directly to her page.

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

“No. No. No.” I say nervously, opening a new tab and heading to YouTube. I quickly go to her YouTube account and breathe a sigh of relief to see it still there. Harry ducks out from under my arm and slides out of the seat, allowing me to take his place in front of the computer as I head back to twitter.  Maybe her brother would have said something. Sure enough, there was a new tweet on his page.

@HunterHayes: All she wanted was to remain anonymous. What have you done?