Epilogue

Lauren’s POV

The next week had been almost solid crying. It was as if every pain, every hurt, I’d incurred over the past couple weeks just came bubbling to the surface.  My eyes were red and my throat was raw. Yet he stayed. He barely even left my side to shower. Even when the tears finally subsided, he wouldn’t go. When he’d started arguing to delay the tour, it became a problem. But he wouldn’t let me out of his sight for more than 10 minutes and frankly, I didn’t want to be. So they compromised. I joined them for their American tour. Every night, Louis would make sure I was sat off to the side, backstage, where he could see me. Whenever I was overwhelmed by emotions while he was on stage, I’d see him look over, worry crossing over his face when he saw the tears, knowing he wanted to run over but couldn’t.

I got through though. Eventually the pain began to fade. Or I learned to cope. I’m not sure something like that could ever fade. When the tour ended I returned home to find my mom was selling the home. She couldn’t live in the house any more, Too many memories. So Hunter wanted to find her a place in California closer to him so she wouldn’t be lonely. With Madison married, Blake working at the army base with Drew, and mom moving, Tennessee really had nothing left for me to stay for. So when Louis suggested I stay with him, I didn’t protest. A couple weeks later, I got a call from YouTube about an application I’d submitted, asking for an interview for a spot on their website design team. I even re-opened the youtube account, although I didn't update as much as I used to. And, over time, I got better with dealing with his friends. Learning to talk to them like normal people instead of shying away all the time. Everything just seemed to fall into place. Of course we still fought. It wouldn’t be Louis and Lauren without it. But it was nothing we couldn’t resolve. I needed him. I knew that now. And I knew he loved me. Which is what led us here, 5 years later.

“You ready?” Hunter asks, as I take one last look at my reflection in the mirror, my hand rising to touch the little blue butterfly clipped in my hair then sliding down to the charm hanging around my neck and finally to the horse bracelet on my wrist. I take a shaky breath, nodding my head, feeling a rush of nerves rise in my stomach as we leave the room. I hear the music start and I anxiously smooth the dress, hearing Hunter chuckle in response.

“You look beautiful,” he says soothingly, taking my trembling hands in his. I give him a nervous smile, nodding my head as I loop my arm through his. The doors open and my grip on his arm tightens as I look down the long aisle to the very end. They always said that when you saw them waiting, all your nerves would disappear. Total bullshit. If anything, they only increased 10 fold. I take a deep breath as we step out into the room, praying I didn’t trip on the walk. My heart aches that it’s Hunter, walking me down instead of my dad. Even after all these years. I’d always imagined it’d be him. But I know he’s here and I know he’d approve. Louis had told me how my dad had been the one to place the letters for him when I was at the house. I look to the side as we make our way down, seeing Blake with Drew, the two of them had been dating for 3 years now.  And next to them was Logan and Steph who should be dating with how close they’d gotten in the past few years. Peyton hadn’t been able to make it; having a new baby of her own she had to take care of. My mom was sat next to his parents, the two moms clutching on to each other, their eyes trained on me. After offering a weak smile, I lift my gaze from them to the man waiting at the end of the aisle. Hunter hands me over to Louis who gives my hands a light squeeze. Behind him, I see the rest of his old band mates. They’d disbanded a little over a year ago when Liam got married. The rest of the boy’s girlfriends and fiancées, all of which I had become close friends during the course of the boy’s band days, were standing behind me as my bride’s maids. The ceremony itself is beautiful. It was a joining of both worlds. My humble country roots with his much more elegant life of luxury.  And then it was time for the vows.

“Lauren. Six years ago I found a video of a mystery girl singing one of our songs. Five years ago, I insulted that very girl without even realizing it. Five years ago I raced to her house to apologize, the first of many I might add,” he said, earning a chuckle from the crowd. “Five years ago, I’d never have imagined that I’d end up falling in love with such a whirlwind of a girl, yet here we are today. Lauren, I love everything about you. The way, despite everything, you stuck to your guns and still won’t sing for anyone. The way you somehow manage to find a place to ride horses every country or state we go to. The way when you get home from work, you’re always so tired you will only answer in grunts until you’ve had your cup of tea. You’re a whirlwind of a girl, but that’s what I love the most of you. Like The Script said ‘Like thunder and lightening, cold air to warm. Together we make the perfect storm.’ I love you and I can’t wait to spend the rest of our lives together,” he concludes, slipping the ring over my finger.

“If you asked that girl five years ago where she expected her life to go, she’d never have imagined it would lead to this. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs… and ups and downs and ups and downs,” I say causing everyone to laugh. “And I’m sure we’ll have plenty more arguments, but I also know I’m never letting you go again. Because I love the way, even when work would take you to the other side of the globe, you’d call me before I went to bed to tell me you love me. And because you never gave up on us, no matter how stubborn or over reactive I was. And because when I come home from work, even though the house is a complete mess, you’re always there waiting for me, with a cup of tea. I love you so much Louis and now you’re stuck here riding out this storm with me.” I look down at his hand, slipping the larger ring onto his finger before we turn back to the minister to continue.

“Lauren and Louis, you have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared our everlasting love by exchanging the rings. Your vows may have been spoken in minutes, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath.  As they have pledged themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before God and this community of friends, I now pronounce them husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

I can’t help the giggle that bubbles forth, hardly waiting for him to finish his sentence before jumping into Louis’ waiting arms and pressing my lips to his. I can feel his smile stretched wide across his face as I kiss him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to all of you who stuck with me this entire story, commenting and voting on the chapters. It means a lot to me to get your feedback. This is officially the end of Camera Shy, but I'll be starting my new story, President's Daughter in a couple weeks so make sure you've fanned me so you know when I start it.

In the meantime, if you haven't read my past stories, you should go do that...hint hint... haha. But yea! I love you all so much! Thanks again for reading!

Also, I was bored so I made a video over there for Louren/Haylinson/Lola/whatever ship name you want to give them. Hope you like it :) -->