Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth 
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to 
I'm in love with you, and all your little things.

I let my hands hover over the guitar strings after the last chord. The song had been stuck in my mind for weeks because of my roommates incessant playing. I finally had taken the time to learn how to play it and was recording it for the next video, hoping that maybe that would help get it out of my head. It wasn’t my normal type of song, but I had given it a country twist to make it fit me better. I wait for the normal sense of relief that normally follows when I finish a song but none came. I’m not quite sure why. I usually feel content, having put my feelings out there. Even when I sang something that doesn’t reflect my feelings I had the satisfaction of knowing it was done. Like when I’d done Mr. Brightside. It wasn’t something I’d done because was feeling that way, but because it was such an iconic song. I just really wanted to try it. When I finish a song, it almost felt like I could just file it away as done with. This one seems different somehow. Like it was still unfinished.

Unsettled, I switch off the camera before packing up my backpack again and heading back to the room early to work on the video. When I get back to my room, I see that Peyton was there, working on homework. I plug my headphones in before running through the video, boosting the sound and combining the different vocals so the song was layered before publishing it. By the time it’s uploaded, I realize Peyton had disappeared, probably to dinner. I close my laptop and hop off my bed before heading down to the cafeteria to get some food before it closed.

Louis’ POV

 I was bored. Sooooo bored. The boys and I had been cooped up all day in our hotel room. The fans outside were too rowdy to go out and say hello and management was refusing to let us wander around the city today. So we were left to entertain ourselves in our rooms. I look around the room with another sigh, checking on what the other boys were up to. I could see Zayn through the open door to his rom, sprawled out on his bed drawing something. Music was coming out from behind Niall’s closed door so I was guessing he was playing his guitar. Harry was flipping through channels on the TV, while Liam was on his computer. I let out another sigh and a flash of annoyance flickers across Liam’s face as the sound penetrates through his headphones. He pulls one out and glances over at me.

“I’m so bored” I whine.

“Then find something to do” Liam replies, a hint of frustration in his voice. Being locked inside had everyone on edge.

“There’s nothing to do though,” I complain. Liam’s frown deepens and his eyes flicker back to his computer quickly before looking back at me.

“I’m watching some covers fan have been tweeting us. You’re welcome to join me,” he says. I pause a moment, mulling over my options. I’d heard and performed these songs hundreds of thousands of times. Did I really want to listen to them more? Still, there was nothing else to do.

“Ok” I agree, sliding off the stool in the kitchen and walking over to where Liam was seated, plopping down next to him. Harry flicks off the TV also, moving closer to Liam’s computer to watch. Liam pulls out the headphone jack so the sound would play through the speakers before resuming the video he was watching.

“Awww” Harry says as the little boy on the screen begins rap-serenading the little girl with Down Syndrome to Little Things. It was quite different than our song, which actually kind of made me like it more. The boy had changed the words, really only using the chorus. The song comes to an end and Liam favorites whatever tweet it was that he’d gotten the video from. I glance over at Harry who’s pulled out his phone.