Chapter 13

Louis' POV

“Look, I know I’m not on the list, but call Hunter and tell him that Louis Tomlinson is here.  He’ll let me in,” I say, trying to reason with the guard at the gate. I’d decided to go to Hunter’s regardless of Eleanor’s warning, but now I was stuck at the gate of his community.

“I can’t call someone every time some snooty-nosed brat says that they know someone” the guard says dismissingly.

“Don’t you know who I am?” I ask in disbelief. Snooty-nosed brat? Are you kidding?

“Of course I do. You’re in that band. One Dimension or something. But that doesn’t mean you’re allowed wherever you like,” he says. Wow, someone had his childhood dreams crushed. I let out a frustrated sigh, tapping my fingers against the rental car steering wheel. This guy was going to be a real pain in the neck. I needed to figure out another way in.

“Fine” I say suddenly, surprising the guard as I back up from the gate, turning around. There had to be another way in. I circle around the block until I find a small alley right alongside the wall. Perfect, I think with a grin as I pull over alongside the wall. I clamber onto the hood of the car, using it as a step.

“Oomph” I groan as I struggle to pull myself up and over the wall. “Next…time…I’ll go with… Harry… to the…gym” I mutter as I finally get my leg over. “Woah” I shout as I fall over the other side.

“Who’s out there?” a voice calls and I freeze, quickly looking to the house to see someone approaching. “Louis Tomlinson. How nice of you to drop in” she teases. I break out into a smile as I recognize who it is.

“Rihanna” I say greeting her. “I didn’t realize this was your place”

“Yep. This is my house,” she says, gesturing backwards. “Now to what do I owe this unexpected surprise?”

“Well I was trying to get to Hunter Hayes’ but the security guard wouldn’t let me in” I explain. She laughs nodding her head.

“Charles is pretty tough. Doesn’t take any of the pop star bullshit that can leave others star struck.” She agrees.

“Yea, well it meant that I had to climb the wall.” I say with a frown.

“Speaking of which, Charles will probably be here soon. There are cameras along the top of the fence. I’ll let him know you’re here with me.” She tells me and sure enough, a siren sounds as a car drives down the street. A couple minutes later and Charles appears in the back yard and Rihanna goes over to talk to him. I can’t help but to smirk at him as he glances over at me. A few more minutes of talking and he leaves and Rihanna walks back over to me. “Everything’s cool. I told him I’m fine with you being here. You can head over to Hunter’s now.” I nod my thanks and she gives me directions to his street before I leave. I had to walk now since my car was left on the other side of the wall, but it was only a couple blocks. When I get to the house, I rap on the door, waiting impatiently till he opens. His expression starts confused but quickly hardens when he recognizes me.

“What are you doing here?” he asks.

“I need to talk to Lauren,” I say urgently.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you.” He says stonily.

“I know, but I need to apologize. I want to make things right.” I press. I see his expression waver as he contemplates my words.

“She’s back at home in Tennessee…” he says uncertainly.

“I know, I also know you’re going back tomorrow. I was hoping maybe I could go with,” I ask hopefully. He hesitates a moment.

“How are you planning on fixing this?” he asks. I had to admire his resilience. He was really concerned about protecting his sister.

“Well, it’s my fault for getting her into this mess with the paparazzi and all—“

“No kidding” he cuts me off.

“Well I was thinking I could show her how to handle this type of life. Show her that maybe it’s not as bad as she thinks.” I finish. He nods his head, pondering this.

“You know, she’s not going to forgive you right away. It might take a while.”

“I know,” I say with a nod. “I have time.”

“Fine” he says, finally stepping away from the door and letting me in. “My flight’s at 8 in the morning. You can sleep in the guest room” I breathe a sigh of relief as I walk inside. Step one complete. I had her brother on my side. Now I just had to get her to forgive me. That wouldn’t be too hard. Would it?

Lauren’s POV

I lay curled up on my bed petting Hunter. I felt trapped. I couldn’t go outside without being photographed. Leaving the airport had been horrible. I’d felt like I was suffocating. Here at home, in my own town, things were easier. The people here I’d known all my life. There were some lingering glances, but they knew me well enough to not care about taking pictures. My parents had taken Hunter’s advice and had unplugged the computer from the wall and hidden the cords so I wouldn’t be able to use it. I glance over at my window as I hear a car pulling up the gravel road.

“Hunter’s home” my dad calls from downstairs and I instantly shoot up, taking the stairs two at a time as I carry my puppy. I hear footsteps coming up the porch and I throw open the door, a wide grin on my face. The person at the door surprises me.

“What is he doing here?” I ask, my voice turning to ice as I face the person who’d caused all my problems.

“He wanted to apologize” Hunter says, stepping out from behind Louis. “He showed up at my house yesterday. Apparently he hopped the wall.”

“Please Lauren, let me explain” Louis tries to say.

“No” I say, cutting him off, closing the door in his face. I begin to walk away when I hear the door open. Glancing back, I see Hunter open the door and walk in.

“Hey, it’s my house too” he says with a shrug when I glare at him.

“Get rid of him,” I command.

“No. If you don’t want him here, then he’s here as my guest.”

I narrow my eyes at my brother. “Do you realize what he’s done? He’s ruined my life. I can’t go outside without being photographed anymore.” I snarl.

“It’s as much my fault as it is his. I’m the one that forced you to enter. He’s here to apologize. Just give him a chance.” He insists.

“No” I snap before turning my attention to Louis who has been standing there unsure of what to do as Hunter and I argued.

“Let me make one thing perfectly clear” I say, advancing towards him, causing him to step back with each step I take forward until his back’s against the wall. “I didn’t want the fame. I didn’t care about some record deal. I didn’t even want to enter your stupid contest. And I certainly don’t want you here. As far as I’m concerned, you don’t exist. If you know what’s best for you, you’ll stay out of my way,” I growl before turning on my heel, heading back upstairs.

“Wow” I hear Louis say, awestruck, before my door slams shut.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you think of Lauren's outburst? Does Louis deserve a chance to redeem himself? Let me know in the comments. And please vote! :)